What's new

Can the Apple Music app be downloaded from the App Store?

Thermodog

Reaction score
I want to clean up my music library by deleting the Music app and all its data from my phone. I would then download a fresh copy from the App Store and sync to my computer to reinstall the music files. Before I do this, I want to be sure that I can get the Music app from the App Store. Does anyone know?

Another option: I could delete Music and all its data and then update the iOS version on my phone. Will that reinstall the Music app?

Thanks!

To add the Music app back to your iPhone, go to the App Store and tap the search button at the bottom right of the screen. Search for Apple Music and tap the cloud icon. It will download to your iPhone.

To add the Music app back to your iPhone, go to the App Store and tap the search button at the bottom right of the screen. Search for Apple Music and tap the cloud icon. It will download to your iPhone.
Thanks! That worked. Unfortunately I still have a problem. I chose to delete the Music app and all its data, from the iPhone Storage selection in Settings-->General. It seems that it deleted the app, but the storage taken up by the music files was not freed up, instead it appears under the Other category in iPhone Storage.

I guess I'm going to have to reset my phone and start over from scratch. A big pain in the butt, but I can't see another way to free up the space. As it stands now, the supposedly "deleted" music files are taking up so much space that I can't sync my phone.

Anyway, your suggestion worked, so thanks for the help.

Thanks! That worked. Unfortunately I still have a problem. I chose to delete the Music app and all its data, from the iPhone Storage selection in Settings-->General. It seems that it deleted the app, but the storage taken up by the music files was not freed up, instead it appears under the Other category in iPhone Storage.

I guess I'm going to have to reset my phone and start over from scratch. A big pain in the butt, but I can't see another way to free up the space. As it stands now, the supposedly "deleted" music files are taking up so much space that I can't sync my phone.

Anyway, your suggestion worked, so thanks for the help.
I was able to reset the phone and get rid of the phantom "Deleted" files, using Settings->General->Reset->Erase All Content and Settings. I then restored my phone's apps and data from my Mac. Not as hard as I feared, although I did have to manually update some app passwords, for bank accounts, mail accounts, etc., and also re-download one app that hadn't been synced to my Mac.