What's new

Can someone PLEASE help me out?

lennie paz

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4 on 5.1.1 and I'm trying to restore it because I screwed up and did a "restore all settings". I used TU to save my 5.1.1 blob. Here are the steps I did so far:

1. Put the phone in DFU mode.
2.Opened TU and clicked on Start TSS Server
3.Opened iTunes and did Shift and clicked restore.
4.Clicked on iPhone3,3_5.1.1_9B206_Restore.ipsw
5.Got the error message
6.Went back to TU to click on Exit Recovery and it's greyed out

What am I doing wrong that is causing Exit Recovery to be greyed out in TU?

I did the same thing as you but was able to resolve this way. Used redsnow for the entire downgrade but I used tiny umbrella to change host files so it was directed to cydia instead of apple.

I have an iPhone 4 on 5.1.1 and I'm trying to restore it because I screwed up and did a "restore all settings". I used TU to save my 5.1.1 blob. Here are the steps I did so far:

1. Put the phone in DFU mode.
2.Opened TU and clicked on Start TSS Server
3.Opened iTunes and did Shift and clicked restore.
4.Clicked on iPhone3,3_5.1.1_9B206_Restore.ipsw
5.Got the error message
6.Went back to TU to click on Exit Recovery and it's greyed out

What am I doing wrong that is causing Exit Recovery to be greyed out in TU?

A few people(myself included) are having more success downgrading to 5.1.1 using sn0wbreeze v2.9.6

Untick "Set Host to Cydia" in TinyUmbrella before you restore to a stock iOS....

I ended up updating to iOS6 and then downgrading to 5.1.1 with sn0breeze 2.9.6

I tried unticking that and it didn't work

FYI-Any changes you make in the Advanced tab of TU you need to X out(close down the program) to make any changes permanent .

FYI-Any changes you make in the Advanced tab of TU you need to X out(close down the program) to make any changes permanent .

I had read that when I was searching around and I made sure to X out, and that still didn't work.