What's new

Can it hurt or damage charging port?

keithm77

Reaction score
So I bought an SE 3 months ago brand new. I’m very careful with my phone. I put a screen protector on it in a case all the time and careful with the cables and everything. Until one day I had the phone on a holster on me with the lightning cable plugged in and the power bank plugged in to charge my phone in my back pocket. Needless to say it got caught on something and yanked it really hard and pulled it out of the lightning port. My question is could this damage the port at all? Now the cable feels like it plugs in easier than before. Might be in my head. But still charges fine. I hate doing stupid stuff.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Yes, it’s possible to hurt or damage the charging port.
As you’ve noticed, the charger has more room than it should have. As long as it’s charging, there’s nothing to worry about. Make sure this doesn’t happen again, though.
As a precaution, take it to the next Apple Retail Store, if there’s one of them near you, and let them have a look at it

I’ve removed the other threads you’ve started, in the same forum. More than one thread would not get you the best results, and nobody will reply faster when you post five times in a row. Please be patient, you’ll certainly get better answers than mine, - and keep the discussion of this problem to this thread only.

I appreciate the reply. So far it’s working ok. Just sucks. I’m really careful with my phones. It’s probably just in my head. Lol I do have insurance just in case. And I was just trying to edit my post and it posted it twice instead. Sorry. But thank you.