What's new

Can i wipe cydia?

Cain01

Reaction score
Have something draining my battery on cydia. I tried going thrue and deleletong everything and it didn't work. I was going to restore it to stock 5.0.1 but I don't have my shsh saved. So is Thier anyway I can delete cydia or wipe it and reinstall? Or what can I do. Help.

Details detail details details, details, details details details details details detail detail details. That is what I need.................

Phone model
iOS version(i know you already named an iOS but can never be to sure with a post that has no details)
Jailbreak used
What you have done already
What you have removed and installed so far
Do not start removing stuff in which you have no idea what it is.

"Nuff said.

Doesn't matter what I'm running. Either you can wipe cydia or you can't.

Nuff said.

Thanks for not awnsering my question.

Doesn't matter what I'm running. Either you can wipe cydia or you can't.

Nuff said.

Thanks for not awnsering my question.

You cannot. You could remove Mobile Substrate. That would remove all MS addons. But I think that is as close to "wiping" as you can get without restoring.

Ok thank you. Very helpful actually.

Another question. If u delete tweaks are they fully removed from your phone or does a little remain left behind?

Cain01 said:
Ok thank you. Very helpful actually.

Another question. If u delete tweaks are they fully removed from your phone or does a little remain left behind?

A little remains but just the settings. So if you delete a tweak and reinstall it, the settings you had before will still be there. I'm not 100% sure on this though.

zachjdx said:
A little remains but just the settings. So if you delete a tweak and reinstall it, the settings you had before will still be there. I'm not 100% sure on this though.

No. That is exact right.

Most tweaks leave there plist behind.

Whenever you uninstall a tweak you can always SSH or use iFile and go to var/mobile/library/preferences.

Search for the packages ID, and you should find a reasoning .plist file.

Just swipe to delete.

Tho having those extra .plist usually makes no difference in anything. Sometimes.....but not usually.

Can also delete these files if you have Springtomize 2 I stalled.

Just the app,More> Settings Files> delete the files from previously installed tweaks, then respring/reboot.