What's new

Can I 'transfer" a pre-order?

yankeegal

Reaction score
So, I have a question... basically (cos I went into the whole long story elsewhere here) I RESERVED the iPhone on Tuesday morning, but never got the confirmation, and Apple had no record of it. My eligibility stayed the same and on Wednesday I ordered one (on the phone with Apple), to be shipped to me. I did get the confirmation email and order # for the phone ordered one and it still shows as "not yet shipped" and "shipping by July 2".

In the meantime, someone mentioned that I should call the Apple store directly about the first order--the reservation--because even without the confirmation, they may have me on the list for a phone on Thursday, and sure enough, that is what happened!!

My question is this: is there any way for me to 'convert" my phone order to a friend's AT&T account, so that I don't lose that order completely? I'm guessing when I go to pick up my reserved phone on Thursday, the phone order will cancel, but if I can put that order in my friend's name instead, that would be great since he didn't order one yet.

Any idea?

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm..Not sure if you'll be able to do that. I had the same problem reserving the phone online and didn't receive confirmation from Apple. I'm just hoping they'll have me on a list at the store!

Most reactions

Latest posts