What's new

Can I take smaller pictures?

ardchoille

Reaction score
I've noticed that the pictures I take with my iPhone 4S are huge, file size as well as pixel size. Is there any way to decrease this to around 640x480 and under 1MB in file size? Some of the websites that I would like to upload to tell me the pictures are too big and refuse to allow me to upload them.

Last edited:
Go to your camera app settings, there will be option to alter resolution and quality of your app. Change it, the image size will be decreased, but it will somewhere lower the quality of your image.

Daniel Jones said:
Go to your camera app settings, there will be option to alter resolution and quality of your app. Change it, the image size will be decreased, but it will somewhere lower the quality of your image.

How do I get to the camera app settings? I can't find anything relevant in the camera app or the settings app. Where exactly is it? I'm sure I'm missing a button or link somewhere but I don't know where.

I'm beginning to believe that the iPhone 4S doesn't have any camera settings for this. So, what I thought about doing was to take pics, open them in full screen in the Photos app, pinch to zoom until I'm happy with the pic. Then take a screenshot of it and use the screenshot when I need to upload a smaller picture file. This seems to work ok, but it would be nice if we had more camera settings for resolution and file size.

I uses Instagram on my iPhone 4S instead of default app provided by apple. Install Intagram on your cell, that is a free app and comparatively much better than default iPhone camera. It will provide you much more features than iPhone camera.

I uses Instagram on my iPhone 4S instead of default app provided by apple. Install Intagram on your cell, that is a free app and comparatively much better than default iPhone camera. It will provide you much more features than iPhone camera.
Instagram works great, thank you for the info :)