What's new

can I recover deleted files on my iPhone4?

rtietsworth

Reaction score
I accidentally deleted my moblie boarding pass email at the airport and had no idea how to get it back. Is it possible??

As far as I know, the only way to retrieve those deleted files are by means of using backups. Have you backed up the boarding pass email right before it got deleted?

Thanks. The only backup I get is when I use iTunes on my computer. So I guess there is no way to immediately recover a deleted file on the iPhone.

There is an app for Continental Airlines. The original flight was posted to the app but the return iPhone ticket was sent via email for display at the TSA. I ended up printing a boarding pass but it seems wierd that of the things that are great about the iPhone deleted files cannot be recovered on the phone.

There is an app for Continental Airlines. The original flight was posted to the app but the return iPhone ticket was sent via email for display at the TSA. I ended up printing a boarding pass but it seems wierd that of the things that are great about the iPhone deleted files cannot be recovered on the phone.

Yes this is something apple really have to care about in the next coming firmwares. The next devices are coming with 64gb etc... They can easily allocate 1 or 3gb for deleted files with the option to restore or to permanently delete the files. And I hope that apple will finally come up with such a capability in the idevices.

Any word on this from the iOS-5 beta users yet. With my 32 G's and only a few used so far, I agree, there's no reason that some of it couldn't be used for a "Recycle Bin" - if you'll all please excuse my Windows-ism. Or at least, allow the option to set one up if desired.

Brian