What's new

Can I play just one song?

markr

Reaction score
Is there a way to play one song only and have no repeat or continuation to the next song in the list? I want to play a song, and then not play another until I select it. THANKS

Yup. In the Music app, go to the song you want to play and let it play. Then tap on the album art once, and a little bar should come up right under the top where it allows you to scrub the music. Then there should be a little loop icon on one side. Tap it twice and you should see a loop and a little "1" on it. That's a single loop. To turn it off, tap it again so that the icon is not longer white

Here's an example. On the top-ish left under 0:00, that's the repeat/loop button. Tap it once, it should be white. Tap it once more and there should be the little 1 on the bottom right of the icon.

Lp0v31P.png

Last edited:
Thanks very much, but there is a problem when I do that. The song keeps repeating.

That's the next best thing to what you're trying to do. If you use Spotlight on a song, it'll play the album from which the song is from. If you play it on Music > Songs, it'll loop through all your songs. If you play it in Music > Artist, it'll loop through all the songs from that artist. Unless you make a separate playlist for each and every song, you won't be able to do it.

Ok thanks. That's what I was afraid of.

Not sure why Apple didn't implement that into the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. The iPod is able to this, all the way back to the 2nd generation iPod, where you could play a single song only as that single song.

There is an app in the App Store called onetrack. It is a paid app but sounds like what you might be looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net