What's new

Can I add get free alert tones or change ringtones free

scrabble

Reaction score
Have had an iphone 3GS since May and still learning. Is there anywhere where I can add more alert tones FREE and also ring sounds on my phone? Thanks much.

Well if you're jailbroken, then there's an app called "UnlimRingtones" where you can make your own ringtones and download a variety of ringtones uploaded from other people that are especially made for iPhones ^_^ and if you're not jailbroken then I do not know. (But I think you should tho... "Just to free your iPhone")

iPhone3GS said:
Well if you're jailbroken, then there's an app called "UnlimRingtones" where you can make your own ringtones and download a variety of ringtones uploaded from other people that are especially made for iPhones ^_^ and if you're not jailbroken then I do not know. (But I think you should tho... "Just to free your iPhone")

Its from Cydia btw

Please.....how do I jailbreak iphone 3gs? Thanks in advance.

You can free ringtones from several apps in the app store with no need to jail break

Thank you, if you don't mind, could you please recommend a good app to do this? Thanks again.

I use "Ringtone Designer" by Blackout Labs.

You will have to wait till iOS 5 is released to be able to install new alert tones.

iOS 4 and below only allow for ringtones to be added at present.

Thanks so much for your timely reply. I downloaded Ringtone Designer by Blackout Labs but it only gives me the option of using songs that I presently have on my Iphone 3GS for ringtones. Is there a way to use or download something which is new and something that I do not already have on my iphone? Thanks again so much for your help.

Just Jailbreak the *edited* iPhone! Trust with time you'll be a pro at it in no time... buts thats just your choise

Last edited by a moderator:
I did search on the app store and found two of them... Yes they are for songs in my phone which is fine I have 488 songs

scrabble said:
Please, do you have easy instructions to jailbreak the iphone 3gs? Thanks.

Can u explain to me what jailbreak is?

Well it's actually pretty easy to jailbreak an iPhone, the mist simple way is to go to jailbreakme.com on your idevice (Not all of the firmwares are jailbreakable, but most of them are) or just go to YouTube, there are tons and tons if videos of how to jailbreak.