What's new

Can data recovery software hack into iPhone secure area?

glagafe

Reaction score
Greetings:

I have deleted several video clips from the iPhone xs max "Recently deleted" album and would like to recover some of them. I google and found many iPhone data recovery software (imyfone, iosdevicerecovery, imobie, apowersoft, iphone-ipad-recovery, tenorshare etc.) which claim to be able to do so by plugin the iPhone into Windows 10 PC and scanning for deleted files similar to an external storage devices. Do you think that these software are safe to use? Can it hack or get access into iPhone secure area such as apple wallet, password, pass key, face recognition id etc?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Greetings:

I have deleted several video clips from the iPhone xs max "Recently deleted" album and would like to recover some of them. I google and found many iPhone data recovery software (imyfone, iosdevicerecovery, imobie, apowersoft, iphone-ipad-recovery, tenorshare etc.) which claim to be able to do so by plugin the iPhone into Windows 10 PC and scanning for deleted files similar to an external storage devices. Do you think that these software are safe to use? Can it hack or get access into iPhone secure area such as apple wallet, password, pass key, face recognition id etc?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
1.) Data recovery software cannot get any access to the Secure Enclave on an iOS device.

2.) unless those photos were backed up somewhere else they can’t be recovered. Once you delete something from flash storage it’s gone.

3.) The reason those data recovery softwares only work with Windows is because the greater security of macOS won’t let them work.

Thank you for your feedback.

FYI, these software exist in both platform MAC and Windows.

Very possibly but they can’t recover data that’s no longer there. That’s why I mentioned backups. If you ever backed up your iphone with iTunes those videos would be in the backup. They could also be in an iCloud backup depending on how you have it set up.