What's new

Can an Iphone ....?

tweep

Reaction score
Hi : )

I am new to the Iphone and wonder.....

Can an Iphone be set to record with voice recognition? such as voicng the words "Record now!"?
And then lock the phone imediately afterward, so that to stop the recording a password or other voice comand is required?

This is incase i get beat up by psycho again. so i have some evidence. Hey, maybe stream the recording onlne so that the recording is safe too!!

thanks for help. : )

p.s i do not have an iphone yet , would an older model suffice?

Would need a iPhone 4 or 4S to do something like this...If you could do it..which I don't know.

And I doubt screaming "Record Now" is the best way to go..that could get the phone stollen or smashed. Sneakily pressing the record button would be more suffice. Better then literally telling the person...hey..I'm recording you. Like I said...you don't want your device to get stolen. Or smashed.

I don't know what it is your trying to do exactly...but I would use AppZilla from the AppStore.

It has a "Secret Mic" in it. That would be your best bet for recording evidence.

That is the best advice I got for such an event.

Good luck.

My wife and I both have an app for recording and it works with the phone locked. The factory screen lock is all we use.

Would need a iPhone 4 or 4S to do something like this...If you could do it..which I don't know.

And I doubt screaming "Record Now" is the best way to go..that could get the phone stollen or smashed. Sneakily pressing the record button would be more suffice. Better then literally telling the person...hey..I'm recording you. Like I said...you don't want your device to get stolen. Or smashed.

I don't know what it is your trying to do exactly...but I would use AppZilla from the AppStore.

It has a "Secret Mic" in it. That would be your best bet for recording evidence.

That is the best advice I got for such an event.

Good luck.

thanks for you reply

i wouldnt scream "record now" i just wanted to be able to record without needing to get the phone out to see the screen to enable record that would be worse. it would be easier to have the phone in the top pocket and speak a word, doesnt have to be "record now" maybe i could click my fingers twice in or near my pocket? anything.

and if i could record on the internet , they can steal alway. the recording would be on a server. i could just simply dial another mobiles answer phone. the recording would be on a remote system. So i could just use any voice recognition mobile phone to dial another turned off mobile phone that I could purchase for that purpose. It would then be stored safe. but i do hope for good sound however. : /

My wife and I both have an app for recording and it works with the phone locked. The factory screen lock is all we use.

that sounds good, is it easy to engage record?

tweep said:
thanks for you reply

i wouldnt scream "record now" i just wanted to be able to record without needing to get the phone out to see the screen to enable record that would be worse. it would be easier to have the phone in the top pocket and speak a word, doesnt have to be "record now" maybe i could click my fingers twice in or near my pocket? anything.

and if i could record on the internet , they can steal alway. the recording would be on a server. i could just simply dial another mobiles answer phone. the recording would be on a remote system. So i could just use any voice recognition mobile phone to dial another turned off mobile phone that I could purchase for that purpose. It would then be stored safe. but i do hope for good sound however. : /

You can use your camera's recorder.

If you have headphones with the media control buttons...you could just click the volume up button once and it would start recording.

Just a thought. Tho I doubt one would want to he hearing headphones.lol.

But then it would just be a video that would be saved on your phone, and not uploaded anywhere...

Unless Photo Stream saves recording too along with photos...which I really doubt. But idk for sure. Sorry.

I am truly sorry, I read your post again and realized you wanted something that would activate by voice. The app we use does not do this, that I know of. Sorry if I mislead you.