What's new

camera roll problem

goldgeorge

Reaction score
when i go into Photos, the top option is Camera Roll, but now a heading Albums is over the top of it and I cannot select Camera Roll iv an iphone4 os 4.3.1 i switch phone off and restart it that usually cures the problem but was wondering if i was doing something wrong? to make this problem occur any help most appreciated :photos:

I'm having the same issue. A reboot of the phone is the only way I've found to fix it.

Thanks for that I was beginning to think my iPhone was the only one to do that . Another although not exactly solving the problem is instead of rebooting phone if you double tap home button it brings up the apps etc that are working you then move to photo album hold down in it till it starts to jiggle then close it from there it saves the bother of having to reboot your phone and quicker aswell although again it doesn't solve why it's doing this hope this helps you in some small way .

Looks like this is indeed a bug and Apple (at some point) will get it fixed:

"Bug ID# 8939062. After further investigation it has been determined that this is a known issue, which is currently being investigated by engineering. This issue has been filed in our bug database under the original Bug ID# 8706984."

The workaround is to kill the app from the taskbar, then relaunch.

If you have that problem you can click the camera app and click the bottom left hand corner. This usually works for me.

" Double tap the home button to bring up the multi-tasking bar, tap & hold the "Photos" icon until it starts to wiggle, tap the red minus sign to close it. Tap the home button when finished. See if doing this fixes things. "
it works! :)

The iOS being used or referring to is them all as far as I'm aware I may be wrong on this point but I believe it to be so .

I've never had that issue on 4.3.1/ 4.3.2/ and now 4.3.3 so but maybe i'm just lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnmsch - Thanks! I tried many, many suggestions. Yours was clear and worked.

Looks like this is indeed a bug and Apple (at some point) will get it fixed:

"Bug ID# 8939062. After further investigation it has been determined that this is a known issue, which is currently being investigated by engineering. This issue has been filed in our bug database under the original Bug ID# 8706984."

The workaround is to kill the app from the taskbar, then relaunch.

in iOS 4.3.3 this problem still exists in my iphone 4 (sometimes)

Does it to all iPhones regardless of iOS but one thing I've learnt here is the multitasking bar and the option to close them all down. I have just done this and found I had everything open! No wonder my batteries rubbish!

I've never had that issue on 4.3.1/ 4.3.2/ and now 4.3.3 so but maybe i'm just lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I encountered the same issue with my iOS version 4.3.3.

Last edited:
when I went to the camera roll to view any picture I’d taken, it appeared that the image had not been saved except for a small gray outline where the picture thumbnail would normally live (I’ve enhanced the gray outline in the thumbnail to the right). When I touched the small gray-outlined box, the program would appear to crash and return to the home position.