What's new

camera roll photos have disappeared!!!

janey101

Reaction score
Yesterday I took a series of photos and videos that were there last night, but today when I went to upload them to my computer they simply weren't there! I did not delete them - what happened to them??? Is this a problem with the iphone? I have never ever before had this happen on any phone I have had in the past. I can't believe that they can just disappear? It makes the phone totally unreliable - how do you know how long they will even stay on the phone in order to have time to sync them?? I am utterly gobsmacked that they can just disappear???

If you are sure that the movies and photos were all there in camera roll, then someone has deleted them from the iPhone. It can't just be that photos and videos disappear for no reason from your iPhone without user commands.

This has randomly happened to me today / tonight. Went to Download festival today and took a few photos / videos (as you do) and for some reason, the ones I took after around 4pm have vanished totally.

I'm the only one who's used the phone all day and I've not deleted them, neither intentionally or by accident. Originally I thought it could've had something to do with the fact I've just bought a 4S and have two phones linked to the same account, but I'm not really sure whether that would delete photos / videos off my 3GS?!

Edit - weirdly the thumbnail image when camera is selected is one of the missing images..?!

Last edited:
Update this.......
I didn't delete them and it happened twice again with other sets of photos. However the other day they all miraculously reappeared????? Still totally clueless but your festival pics may come back to you. Mystified!!!!

Almakey said:
Thanks for the update - there is still hope then!

I would try rebooting by resetting with home and power button. If they will re appear that will be the time.

I recommend you use Dropbox to save pictures. Not iTunes, Photo Stream, or anything like that.

Re my photos reappearing there was a gap of about 6 weeks from first loss until they all reappeared at same time???

janey101 said:
Re my photos reappearing there was a gap of about 6 weeks from first loss until they all reappeared at same time???

When your device was plugged in....and connected to wifi?