What's new

Camera icon

Moparherb

Reaction score
Can the camera icon be removed from the lock screen on my iPhone 11 Pro Max. I often times find myself activating the camera mistakenly when I go to put my phone in my pocket or when I remove it from my pocket. I don’t want to remove the camera icon from my home screen just the lock screen. Sometimes I have put the phone in my pocket after inadvertently activating the camera and the phone can get really hot with the camera running for a long time in your pocket.

It can be removed via Screen Time:
In Settings - Screen Time go to Content & Privacy Restrictions. If it’s disabled, enable it. That done, go to Allowed Apps and disable Camera. The icon will disappear from your lockscreen.
Downside: if you intend to take photos with your iPhone, that’s not an option, because this removes the Camera app from your device.

Thank you both for your replies. But this is not what I want. I only would like the lock screen camera icon gone. I want to leave my camera app as is. I just thought there might be an easy way.....

Currently there is no way to delete the camera icon from the lock screen without also deleting it from the home screen.