What's new

Camera flash problem anybody?

edisonian1969

Reaction score
Hi all. Wonder if anyone else is experiencing camera flash whiteouts like me. The flash appears to be way to bright and washes out most of the image on both camera and video. Any settings you know of to correct this? Thanks!

Ive noticed it a couple times but it seems to be random. Most of the times the pic turns out fine tho.

I was having the same issue. I kept the screen protector that came on the back of the phone on and I also bought a case for it incase i dropped the phone. After cutting out a piece of the screen protector off where the camera goes and taking off my cover, the pictures look good. Both the protective screen and my additional cover was creating a glare that would ruin pictures that required flash. Hope this helps.

Mine seems to add a slight yellowish hue to the photo. Not sure if I'm standing too close, or what....

I have no case just a screen protector on back with cutouts for camera and flash. When I use the flash I get either washed-out pictures or some with light green hue.

Hi all. Wonder if anyone else is experiencing camera flash whiteouts like me. The flash appears to be way to bright and washes out most of the image on both camera and video. Any settings you know of to correct this? Thanks!

Mine has this problem sent it in for a replacement new one has no issues anymore

It does white it out if you are too close to what you are taking the picture of. If you back off, then the white out doesn't happen but the item in the picture is too small. You can always zoom in but who wants to use the digital zoom and add noise to the picture? I think if the camera lense somehow had an optical zoom you would better be able to manage this problem.

No if you have the whiteout it washed out and yellow photos call apple tell them u want a replacement and they will either overnight u a phone but u gotta pay upfront or you can send it in overnight to there repair center then they ship u a new one in about 5 business days.

Alot of this problem has to do with just basic camera/flash knowledge. This isn't a super smart camera flash so close up pics of polished items can easily create that yellow glow. Just find another angle or disable the flash. Same with the halo effect (flash reflecting back into the lens).

^ u are so wrong. Please read my previous comment. I had this problem or yellow and washed out pictured with flash I sent it in got a week 29 replacement previous was a week 25 and no more yellow piks with out without flash in any color light and no washed out piks when using flash.

^ u are so wrong. Please read my previous comment. I had this problem or yellow and washed out pictured with flash I sent it in got a week 29 replacement previous was a week 25 and no more yellow piks with out without flash in any color light and no washed out piks when using flash.

I am not in any way claiming you are wrong. Defective electronics will always be out there. I was just stating this isn't a cannon SLR and sometimes you must take that into consideration when photographing reflective items. Also, could be easily confused with the problem you explained.

I have a dslr and ofcourse the iPhone 4 camera isn't in te same League as a dslr but what u stated above my
First comment is wrong and misleading.

I have a dslr and ofcourse the iPhone 4 camera isn't in te same League as a dslr but what u stated above my
First comment is wrong and misleading.

Maybe a better wording would be this "issue" could easily be confused with yours. :)