What's new

Camera face recognition

shoshi

Reaction score
Hello. So I have updated my iPhone to version 5.1 a long time ago but my face recognition dose not work. I have seen it work on my cousins phone but doesn't work on mine. So what are your thoughts?!

My thoughts are the iPhone doesn't have face recognition , so that would be why.

Sent from iPhone

spiritwalker said:
My thoughts are the iPhone doesn't have face recognition , so that would be why.

Sent from iPhone

Version 5.1 does have face recognition. And as I said I've seen it and it was in the update info!

I don't know if face recognition and face detection are capable of the same thing but according to Apples web site the iPhone 4 & 4S have face detection.

From Apples web site.
http://www.apple.com/iphone/built-in-apps/camera.html
With new face detection, the iSight camera is smart enough to know whether you’re taking a portrait or a group shot. It focuses on the most prominent face in the frame and balances exposure across up to 10 faces. So you’ll definitely catch smiles. And maybe even a smirk or two.

From my  iPhone 4S 16GB Black

jmi58 said:
I don't know if face recognition and face detection are capable of the same thing but according to Apples web site the iPhone 4 & 4S have face detection.

From Apples web site.
http://www.apple.com/iphone/built-in-apps/camera.html
With new face detection, the iSight camera is smart enough to know whether you’re taking a portrait or a group shot. It focuses on the most prominent face in the frame and balances exposure across up to 10 faces. So you’ll definitely catch smiles. And maybe even a smirk or two.

That's what I meant. Face detention. (sorry for lack of concentration it's 4:00 am and I'm studying for a math test). But still I don't have it. I've seen it put green squares around the face

shoshi said:
That's what I meant. Face detention. (sorry for lack of concentration it's 4:00 am and I'm studying for a math test). But still I don't have it. I've seen it put green squares around the face

Yes you are correct about the green square around a persons face.

The next time I get a chance I will give it a try with my phone and see what I can figure out how it works and I'll post back with my findings.

jmi58 said:
Yes you are correct about the green square around a persons face.

The next time I get a chance I will give it a try with my phone and see what I can figure out how it works and I'll post back with my findings.

Thank you Very much!

Milton said:
Only the iPhone 4s have face detection.

You are correct ony face detection with the 4S
My mistake sorry.

jmi58 said:
You are correct ony face detection with the 4S
My mistake sorry.

Right thank you!