What's new

Camera doesn't work!

harryc

Reaction score
My camera won't take photos! Everytime I go to open the camera it is frozen on the shutter screen! Help?! Has been like this since about the update came out?!

have you tried doing a hard reset?

Yeap.
Just browsed the forum and downloaded Camera+ and King Camera apps, and they allow me to take photos fine. So it seems to be just the normal camera app

harryc said:
Yeap.
Just browsed the forum and downloaded Camera+ and King Camera apps, and they allow me to take photos fine. So it seems to be just the normal camera app

Maybe you should try a Factory Restore. Since its clearly a software issue. If it was hardware related, your camera wouldn't work period.

Maybe you should try a Factory Restore. Since its clearly a software issue. If it was hardware related, your camera wouldn't work period.
hmm how do I do that? It's becoming quite annoying! It worked a few times a few days ago and now isn't working again

harryc said:
hmm how do I do that? It's becoming quite annoying! It worked a few times a few days ago and now isn't working again

You go into iTunes and click "Restore" in the summary tab. If you use iTunes to back up. If you use iCloud and aren't jailbroken, you can go into settings-general-reset- then click on "Erase all contents and settings".

I would see if my camera worked before restoring from a backup. If it doesn't, then I would take it to an Apple store.

Hello I have had a few problems with camera's on iphones, all the above is correct but if that doesnt work and the iphone is out of warranty replacing the camera is a very easy job if you are at all handy . you can buy a camera from 6-15 dollars depending on your model and there are lots of tutorials on You Tube to show you how to complete it. Good Luck

Maybe you should try a Factory Restore. I think problem in a software issue. and if u do then download any camera app and install in your iphone then u check.....

I to often get these problems using iphone... when i try to take more than 2 pictures it gets stuck or gets loaded for more than 5 minutes and my friend who has the same kind of phone also have the same problem...I bought the phone last month only and as soon as i got it i checked for certain problems and all other problems was sorted out by the shop but this problem sustains there...so please any one know any method or apps that will solve this problems share that here so that people like me will be getting the required information's...