What's new

Calendar events and multiple days

wingzfan61

Reaction score
Is there a way to create an event in ios that spans across multiple days and the calendar show that event on everyday instead of just the start date? If i create the event in google calendar it shows on ios spanning multiple days. This is starting to create an issue with scheduling.

Calendar -> + (top right) -> Click on Starts/Ends bubble -> Click on Ends -> Set date and time.

Skull One said:
Calendar -> + (top right) -> Click on Starts/Ends bubble -> Click on Ends -> Set date and time.

Did that however it only shows the event on the start date. For example, I have a flight january 13th at 6:15pm. I return january 15th at 4:05 pm. I set those times for the start date and the end date. In the calendar it only shows the start date january 13th at 6:15pm. On the days of the 14th and 15th theres nothing. The only way I can see to show it span across multiple days is to set the event as an all day event.

That's odd, mine shows an item for each day it spans. Tried a hard reset of the phone?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Did that however it only shows the event on the start date. For example, I have a flight january 13th at 6:15pm. I return january 15th at 4:05 pm. I set those times for the start date and the end date. In the calendar it only shows the start date january 13th at 6:15pm. On the days of the 14th and 15th theres nothing. The only way I can see to show it span across multiple days is to set the event as an all day event.

Cos it is a calendar. If you want to set reminders apple has a nice app for that
Both Skull and Silverado are correct.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

dbplumb said:
Cos it is a calendar. If you want to set reminders apple has a nice app for that
Both Skull and Silverado are correct.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I dont want a reminder and the fact its a calendar is exactly why it should be showing a 3 day event across multiple days.

Its the same on both my ipad and iphone. If the event starts at 6 on friday and ends at 4 on sunday it only shows the title on friday and 6pm. Saturday and sunday are blank. Checked on my buddies phone also and same thing so nothing a reset will correct. I guess ill look for a different calendar.

Heres what I mean. An event that starts jan 5 and goes till the 18th. On the calendar it only shows up on jan 5. So at a quick glance it looks like the rest of the days are free.

$image-2126931503.jpg

$image-729732430.jpg

Pictures are worth a thousand words.

First question I have is, what version of iOS is that iPad running? Because 5.1.1 on the iPad behaves as you described. But iOS 6.0.1 on an iPhone works as I have described. Won't be able to test iOS 6.0.1 on an iPad until I get home tonight.

Skull One said:
Pictures are worth a thousand words.

First question I have is, what version of iOS is that iPad running? Because 5.1.1 on the iPad behaves as you described. But iOS 6.0.1 on an iPhone works as I have described. Won't be able to test iOS 6.0.1 on an iPad until I get home tonight.

Ok so until I go to ios6 Ill have to deal with it as. Thanks for the info skull

Ok so until I go to ios6 Ill have to deal with it as. Thanks for the info skull

I'll test iOS 6.0.1 on my iPad tonight to make 100% sure it operates like the iPhone, but my experience with iOS 6 so far is that the two devices now act the same on almost all features.