What's new

Calendar Deleting Events! Hellllp!

christa7766

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4. My calendar has been deleting events that are older than 2 months (with the exception of birthdays). I don't see anything on iTunes to check/uncheck as I was instructed on an old Apple forum, so I'm assuming the instructions were outdated. I rely on being able to look back at old calendar entries (even my old palm-pilot enabled me to do so), so I would really appreciate any help that anyone can provide!! Desperate here!! Thank you!

Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> (scroll to the bottom) Sync -> Change setting to "All Events"

Ok, went in as you instructed, Skull, & the only options it lists are "Reminders 2 Weeks Back", "Reminders 1 Month Back", "Reminders 3 Months Back", "Reminders 6 Months Back" and "All Reminders". I have had "All Reminders" checked off for a few months now & calendar entries 2 months & older are still being deleted.

Which service are you syncing with? Apple, Google, Microsoft, other?

Yikes, I'm not sure. You wanted me to make those changes just on the phone itself, right? Or did you mean for me to do it on iTunes? If so, I guess my answer would be Apple? Sorry, I'm a little green with this stuff.

The change was to be done on the iPhone.

Under Settings, then "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" is a list of each account. Under the account name is the services that account is providing. So find the account with Calendar listed under it and then click on that account. There is a section just below the title of the account that should list what service provider it is using. That is the information we need to use to troubleshoot the issue.

Ok...my phone just died & I don't have a charger, but I will check this out tonight & get back to you. Thank you so much for your help!

Ok, I have my phone in front of me. Went into Settings and "Mail, Contacts, Calendars". Scrolling down to Calendars, I see New Invitation Alerts, Time Zone Support & Default Alert Times, & that's it. Below Calendars, I see "Reminders" which is coded as I indicated in my previous post. I guess I'm still lost as to how to view which service the account is providing. Under "Accounts", the only things that are listed are my 2 email accounts. And then of course, the "Add Account" option.

Last edited:
Ok, you scrolled a farther down than needed. The very top of that screen lists the accounts you have setup. That is where you need to look to see which account is providing the Calendar for syncing.

Ok, you scrolled a farther down than needed. The very top of that screen lists the accounts you have setup. That is where you need to look to see which account is providing the Calendar for syncing.

Ok, at very top, under accounts, all that's listed are my two email accts (Cox & Hotmail). And the "add accounts" option.

Cox is probably your internet provider at home, so that is probably using pop mail. That should mean under Hotmail you have Calendar listed directly underneath it and that is what you are syncing against.

The bad news is, the Hotmail setup under iOS doesn't have anything extra for not deleting old Calendar entries other than the setting you already have done.

I just looked over Hotmail thru the web and it doesn't have any settings concerning this either. I am now of the opinion there isn't a way to fix this. At least that is obvious.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Hopefully someone else can chime in with an idea.

Cox is probably your internet provider at home, so that is probably using pop mail. That should mean under Hotmail you have Calendar listed directly underneath it and that is what you are syncing against.

The bad news is, the Hotmail setup under iOS doesn't have anything extra for not deleting old Calendar entries other than the setting you already have done.

I just looked over Hotmail thru the web and it doesn't have any settings concerning this either. I am now of the opinion there isn't a way to fix this. At least that is obvious.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Hopefully someone else can chime in with an idea.

Thank you so much for the time that you spent looking into this for me; I really appreciate it. I only added my
Hotmail acct recently & the calendar was acting this way prior to my adding it. Everything was fine with the
Calendar until I loaded the most recent iPhone update which I guess included
ICloud. I'm wondering if iCloud might have something to do with it?
Also, I don't know if it makes any difference ir not, but when I click into hotmail under "accounts", the calendar option is turned off. Also not sure if this makes any diff, but it's a Verizon iPhone.

Last edited:
Skull, After checking my calendar this morning to locate past events, it appears that everything past March 28, 2012 is gone (I have iphone 4 with updated version of 6.1.3). I had this same issue about a year ago and (somehow) was able to open the calendar back up to the day I purchased the phone (about ... I just don't remember how I stumbled upon the solution. The solution that you offered through "Sync and All Events" does not affect my calendar/this issue. One more thing... I'm not of iCloud or syncing with any computers or systems, and all the entries are entered directly from the phone). Ideas are appreciated!

I was having this exact same issue and was trying to resolve it in the same way as the OP (going into Calendars as opposed to Accounts). Thanks for clarifying to go into Accounts to see where Calendar resides and make change there - that solved it for me, too! I appreciate the help and your knowledge!