What's new

Calander keeps wiping clean automatically

kramshur2

Reaction score
Seems like since I cloud came into the picture my note, email and calander haven't been the same.
I store events on my calander and then they disappear.
The most recent case.. I lost all info onmy jan and feb calander.
Why?
How can I fix this?

Which calendar do you use to store your info? The iCloud one or?

I was using I cloud. I turned it on once it was made available. It duplicates entries in my notes and assigned a me.com email address. This caused problems and people were emailing me at this me.com instead of gmail..
So I turned it off on email. Then I noticed the events I had loaded on my iPad didn't link up with my iPhone.. So I teen tweed them on my iPhone...
Then I noticed some events were missing again. So I turned off iCloud. Then today noticed my jan and feb calendar have been wiped clean.

I was using I cloud. I turned it on once it was made available. It duplicates entries in my notes and assigned a me.com email address. This caused problems and people were emailing me at this me.com instead of gmail..
So I turned it off on email. Then I noticed the events I had loaded on my iPad didn't link up with my iPhone.. So I teen tweed them on my iPhone...
Then I noticed some events were missing again. So I turned off iCloud. Then today noticed my jan and feb calendar have been wiped clean.

They will be because you had it set to back up calendar events to iCloud. Now you have turned this off it'll wipe it clean to start again although if you put iCloud calendar back in they will return. My suggestion is turn all off in iCloud apart from contacts do a sync with iTunes and bring back your calendar events from there. Now you'll have only calendar events with no iCloud back up.

iHolophyte

Yeah certainly, when you were turning off iCloud calendar, iCloud asked you to know what to do with the entries present in the calendar, either to keep them in your phone or to delete them and you surely hit on delete them. I personally use daily iCloud cal, and I found it very secure and very convenient because of the way it spread the event to my other idevices. Just take your time and learn well about how iCloud and its calendar working.

I had The same prob (deleting past events). Just went to settings/mail contacts calendars/ scroll down to calendars/ sync/ sync all events. Seems to have solved the problem.
Cheers M

Forgive my ignorance - but under what menu item do i find "settings/mail contacts calendars/ scroll down to calendars/ sync/ sync all events."?

Forgive my ignorance - but under what menu item do i find "settings/mail contacts calendars/ scroll down to calendars/ sync/ sync all events."?

Try this. Go to Settings> Mail Contacts Calendars >
Now scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see Calendars > Sync
Here you can choose to sync all events by tapping on sync

Still not clear - where do I start? On the apple? System Preferences? I cloud? I can't find the first step.