What's new

Buy now?

jefrobie

Reaction score
I all, need some advice. I'm eligible for upgrade from my LG chocolate next week. I've never had a smart phone, so looking to the Iphone 4 as it would work well with my Ipad 2. With that said, reading that the Iphone 5 will be released in the next month? I can get into a 4 now with a two-year contract for 199, minus 30 (for upgrade bonus) plus the smartphone trade in. Basically make the iphone 4 to me about
$70... As far as the anticipated upgrades to the Iphone 5...I'm not much of a camera guy and the 4 sounds like a major upgrade to my LG...Overall the Iphone 4 is still selling, (was in my local Verizon and watched a couple being sold)...Potentially it looks like the Iphone 5 would not be available in the 16G (which is all I need)...So I'm thinking that I could wait for the 5, but by losing the $100 smartphone credit and paying for the 32G (only option) I could be paying close to $200 more for the 5. As the current 4 would be a real upgrade for me as a first time smart phone, what do you think? Take the best deal now and be happy for a couple of years or wait for a month or so, pay more money ( I know I'm assuming some stuff)...Thanks for the input....Sorry for the long first time post! Jeff

Welcome to the forums Jeff. As a longtime user of apple products. I would suggest going for what you want. The iPhone 4 will still be a superior device. Saving that extra money will help you buy apps and accessories that you will need to protect your device. The 4 is totally worth it. Welcome to the forums, enjoy and good luck on the decision.

iCrank said:
Welcome to the forums Jeff. As a longtime user of apple products. I would suggest going for what you want. The iPhone 4 will still be a superior device. Saving that extra money will help you buy apps and accessories that you will need to protect your device. The 4 is totally worth it. Welcome to the forums, enjoy and good luck on the decision.

Sorry about the double post! Thought i may get more response off the general iphone forum. Should have read the rules. Best regards!

jefrobie said:
Sorry about the double post! Thought i may get more response off the general iphone forum. Should have read the rules. Best regards!

It's alright. If you need to read our forum rules. Just click the link in my signature. Thanks. Have a good day

I would wait till the 5 hits the store and them you can make a decision on witch one you want. If you get the 4 now, you only have 15 days to try it out and you will not have enough time to trade it in for the 5 if you happen to like it better.

Welcome,

I would wait till the 5 hits the store and them you can make a decision on witch one you want. If you get the 4 now, you only have 15 days to try it out and you will not have enough time to trade it in for the 5 if you happen to like it better.

+1...

I am sure the 5 will be better, but the question is the upgrade going to be worth $100 to $200 bucks more depending on what the iphone 5 comes in at. Also wondering if the frenzy for the Iphone 5 will be like the Ipad 2. That was a fiasco. I stood in line, paid my dues etc and still was almost two months past the "release" date before I got the Ipad 2 in my hands. Anyway I know even the Iphone 4 will be a monumental step up from my LG chocolate and in this economy being able to get it for about $70 makes me think I can live with it for 20 months and be happy. Sure appreciate the input. Jeff

jefrobie said:
I am sure the 5 will be better, but the question is the upgrade going to be worth $100 to $200 bucks more depending on what the iphone 5 comes in at. Also wondering if the frenzy for the Iphone 5 will be like the Ipad 2. That was a fiasco. I stood in line, paid my dues etc and still was almost two months past the "release" date before I got the Ipad 2 in my hands. Anyway I know even the Iphone 4 will be a monumental step up from my LG chocolate and in this economy being able to get it for about $70 makes me think I can live with it for 20 months and be happy. Sure appreciate the input. Jeff

It's all up to you.