What's new

Bumper or no bumper - that is the question…

GraDon7

Reaction score
Hello guys and gals. My name is Graham. New to iPhone and new to the forum and loving both! Was just wondering about people's opinions regarding using a bumper with iPhone 4? I had one initially for around 3 weeks but hav since ditched it as I think iPhone is so much nicer to look at and use without it. Also the rubber texture doesn't get stuck when placing into pocket! Although I do hold it a little more firmly nowadays! Thanks for your replies in advance. 

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I too plopped down $29.99 for a bumper for my white iPhone. However, after getting my Sennheiser 280 Pro headphones today in the mail, I noticed that I couldn't plug in the audio jack with the bumper on. After having the bumper on for a few days (I got the iPhone Friday last week for the first time ever) --- taking it off was an experience. I really do think the iPhone looks and feels a lot better without the bumper.

Also I got a 3rd party dock (sorry, wasn't willing to spend THAT much on a dock, already spent $60 for a bumper and a car charger.....) that won't allow me to charge up with the bumper on.

So now, I'm bumper free and - yeah the phone is more slippery but it feels smaller and nicer and imo looks a lot nicer.

EWyatt

Reaction score
Interesting!
OK, here goes: Bumper case -- YES

Having an iPhone without a case that looks sleek, cool, doesn't have that "rubbery" feel, but is susceptible to total destruction the first time that you WILL drop it -- NO!

Bourbon City

Reaction score
I happen to like the bumper style case. I have the Apple Bumper, the E13ctron S4 Bumper and the Element Vapor Pro. If you have the dough, the the Vapor Pro is the way to go.

bc

DaveM

Reaction score
I learned within hours of getting my iPhone 4 that the antenna problem was real. The solution was a bumper, and I never have to worry about how I hold the phone. That's the most important reason for me to have one. I have a 3rd party bumper that's a little thicker than the Apple bumper. Not silicone, but made of some kind of semi-soft vinyl or something. It gives enough grab to provide security, but won't pick up and hold lint like the silicone ones. It will protect the phone if dropped on a flat surface, which is all that I really need. When I'm not using it the phone is in a leather belt holster. I don't like the cases that cover the phone - great protection but you can't see what it looks like. I want to be able to see my iPhone. Otherwise I'll just be careful and take my chances.

gary.stricklandjr

Reaction score
I have tried the bumper. I don't like the extra bulk on the phone. I have a whole body film protector that doesn't take away from the awesome look of the phone!

Most reactions