What's new

Buddy name

jjmcb

Reaction score
I Been searching the forum for help and I can't seem to find the fix to my problem. Recently I started receiving a text message from "buddy name"
It shows the number and say what the message says. I'm not sure how to turn it off I haven't found anything online that will help.

Not sure what you mean. Do you mean a little banner on the top that looks something like this? (the black dropdown from WhatsApp)

VW5gD30.jpg

The one that says buddy name shows up. When I click on It, it never loads.

Attachments

• $image-3273596381.jpg
    $image-3273596381.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 889
Is it from a known contact? Or is it a random out-of-the-blue contact

Who ever I got the last text message from
Also the only tweaks I have installed are mewseek tether me display out I file I caught u pro all paid

Then it's either a send or receive issue, where the text message is sent, then a duplicate iMessage is sent as well because data was not available at the time when the original message was sent, so it was initially sent as a text message since you were not connected to iMessages (no data/wifi). Once you were in range or had data reception, the iMessage was pushed from the iMessages server.

Also my iMessage hasn't been working for a while. Maybe 3 months

Log out of your AppleID on your device, and perform a hard reset, then enter your credentials again

I might just have to bring it in to apple

Well it took me a while but I finally went to Apple and talked to a "genius" and technician about this buddy name thing. Well no one has ever seen it. They told me to restart do a recovery and that should fix it. Well I told them that I have done the recovery under dfu and restored and started as "a new phone". After that they were kind of dumbfounded. So I'm basically I'm stuck with it.

Well it took me a while but I finally went to Apple and talked to a "genius" and technician about this buddy name thing. Well no one has ever seen it. They told me to restart do a recovery and that should fix it. Well I told them that I have done the recovery under dfu and restored and started as "a new phone". After that they were kind of dumbfounded. So I'm basically I'm stuck with it.

I have the same issue so was looking for a resolution and came to your post. I have not restored as I have a jailbroke phone and thought it might have been bytesms causing the issue. I uninstalled and it is still happening. I am thinking it has something to do with the iMessages and how I have both a cell number and email setup with it. Do you have the same?

I don't believe I do. I'll check. But I have turned off iMessage and data and I would still get it