What's new

Bright streak running vertical on screen.

Rmaniscalco

Reaction score
I recently had my battery replaced at an Apple store and battery is great now. However there is a streak where the screen is brighter like a finger was dragged down the screen and oil was on it. I cleaned and replaced my screen protector and that wasn’t it. Has anyone else encountered this? Like the glue they used to hold the battery in got hot or is pressed to much against the screen.

I recently had my battery replaced at an Apple store and battery is great now. However there is a streak where the screen is brighter like a finger was dragged down the screen and oil was on it. I cleaned and replaced my screen protector and that wasn’t it. Has anyone else encountered this? Like the glue they used to hold the battery in got hot or is pressed to much against the screen.

Wow, It's kind of unexpectable to get this from the official Apple service. I've just recently changed mine EDITED - no website link, everything is fine, so.. if you don't have an Apple Care or the guarantee - you can also try.

Last edited by a moderator:
I plan on taking it back to Apple. I’d they caused it I’m sure they will fix it. I just don’t want the screen to burn out or anything prematurely.