What's new

Breathable 4s case?

Chimom79

Reaction score
Hey guys, i am looking for a case for my iPhone 4s. I am wanting one that will not cause my iPhone to over heat. I have one that snaps on and is protective, but I noticed with heavy use it was getting awfully warm in it so I took it out. I have seen a few mesh cases, but they are really plain. I was hoping someone might know of some stylish ones that will allow the phone to vent some. Or just any that you guys really like that are not too expensive. I was hoping to spend no more than 15 to 20 bucks. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen using Tapatalk

Only use Otterbox cases on my iPhones (4, 4S and 5) now. Have done very heavy stress testing with the iPhone 4S in a Otterbox Commuter case and never had the phone come close to shutting down due to overheating. The testing was done with full brightness, charging and a Tower Defense game. The 4S never got uncomfortable to hold at any time during the test. Now I will say if the ambient air temp is above 85F, I wouldn't recommend doing that test. But in everyday gaming with the phone not charging, you shouldn't have to worry about heat. Well unless you have very delicate hands that are sensitive to heat. Then you might want to consider one of the screw down bumper cases.