What's new

Borderless printing problem

charlie666

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I wonder if someone would be so kind as to help me out a little.

I just bought an Epson XP-405 and am trying to print borderless photos.

So far I have set the printer up on my wireless network without any problems and printed several pictures.

I have printed from my iPhone, iPad and PC.
I have everything set to 4 x 6 to match my photo paper and have tried the Epson iPrint app and the standard printing straight from the stock photo app.

I have cropped photos on the PC to 4 x 6 and set printing preferences to 4 x 6 and borderless and no matter what I try I get a 4mm border on one of the short sides of the print.

Don't know what else to try. Any ideas?

Can you up-set the printing preferences? Do you have manual control over the size area? The trick I use is to set my margains or actually make the photo 5x7 or 4 1/2 x 6 1/2. In other words, you're trying to get the photo to take up the entire sheet right? (like you would if you received your photos from an old school photo place)

You need to set the preferences correctly, check out the official epson site for more details

Code:
https://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon/corporatesite/site/219/products/mainunits/faq/11541/5312
  • For paper sizes supported with your printer, refer to Printing > How to Print > Paper compatible with borderless printing.
  • For help loading paper, refer to Printing > Paper Handling > Loading Paper.