What's new

BookBook for iPhone 4.

iCrank

Reaction score
I just ran pass this website and I'm thinking about making this one of my next two cases.

twelvesouthbookbook.jpg

http://www.twelvesouth.com/products/bookbook_iphone/
Price: $59.99 USD

Last edited:
iCrank said:
I just ran pass this website and I'm thinking about making this one of my next two cases.

Wow that seems like a handy case. Thanks for posting it!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

It would really suck if you lost that thing though. Especially if you intend to use the case as pictured (putting your photo id, credit cards, etc...)...

diehardbattery said:
It would really suck if you lost that thing though. Especially if you intend to use the case as pictured (putting your photo id, credit cards, etc...)...

Using the case as intended would be me my choice. It would suck but how would I lose it.

I'm interested in this case, too, because it would force me to simplify and carry less crap around in my wallet. I already use wallet zero app to get rid of those little loyalty club fobs for grocery stores, etc.
This would force me to slim down even more... One concern I have would be durability - would it hold up in my pocket in a hot classroom all day?

I ordered it yesterday.

Before I left my house on any given day, My Mantra was:
"Keys, Wallet, Phone, Palm"

Then with the Samsung i730 it became:
"Keys, Wallet, Phone"

Now, with the Book Book, its going to be:
"Keys, Phone"

I'm sure they make a bluetooth start add on for cars right?

It would be so sad if you lost the whole BookBook complete with an iPhone 4, money and credit cards in it. The thief would be very happy :p And using that case here in my country is very very risky, so no for now. Maybe when I'm the USA or Canada already after I graduate..

I ordered it yesterday.

Before I left my house on any given day, My Mantra was:
"Keys, Wallet, Phone, Palm"

Then with the Samsung i730 it became:
"Keys, Wallet, Phone"

Now, with the Book Book, its going to be:
"Keys, Phone"

I'm sure they make a bluetooth start add on for cars right?

Sweet. Tell me how it is when you get it

I'm in NC and apparently, according to UPS, it shipped out of SC so I'll get it today. I may do my first video review this evening.

Either way I'll post the info on this string.

I was showing it to my uncle (also a bit of a tech nerd) and he goes all "its a European carry-all" :facepalm:

Last edited:

I'm in NC and apparently, according to UPS, it shipped out of SC so I'll get it today. I may do my first video review this evening.

Either way I'll post the info on this string.

I was showing it to my uncle (also a bit of a tech nerd) and he goes all "its a European carry-all" :facepalm:

Lol. If I didn't have to pay rent I would've had it already. Sucks but I'll get it soon enough

Ok.

Its a little book.

The Binding was worn more than I had expected. They are hand worn so there is very little guarantee there, yours might not be worn enough. On mine it was the binding and not the sides that showed signs of wear.

It turns your iPhone into a two hand operation. You have to like the idea of "reading" your iPhone. The leather may relax enough one day to flip and hang...but its two handed for now.

Ever been in a leather store and shoved your face into a real leather jacket? That's what it smells like. It is awesome.

The strip of leather that sticks out the most (its the leather frame of the license) Touches the iPhone first and the pressure on the screen will always be more on that strip. It could wear out that portion of the touch screen faster than the rest of it...I can't speak to how fast if at all the touch screen wears out from pressure. That was the biggest problem I had. If you have a screen protector then that will probably pare down the danger.

Two credit cards, a drivers license and a very thin health insurance card. That's what I put in; that's what fits. The leather will stretch to fit more but it may not lie flat; just like your wallet with all its receipts and smoothie loyalty cards. There is a certain lifestyle architecture to this thing, minimalist is the coolest and that is how this was made.

I've had it for about an hour now and it lies flat open. It lies flat with the iPhone half on top. With the iPhone half on the bottom it slowly lets down and will eventually lie flat. If you turn it inside out, it will flip the iPhone back over all by itself. I believe that over time, it will relax and eventually display the iPhone in landscape mode very comfortably.

The leather tab that holds it in does so using friction and the shape and firmness of the leather. It tucks in behind the iPhone and satisfactorily retains it.

The cutout for the phone isn't as tight as I expected, but I'm not uncomfortable with leaving it in. I couldn't shake the phone out of the case.

No rear camera hole. Front facing camera works fine.

I am very happy with it. The idea that I won't need both my wallet and my phone is an act of simplification I only thought would occur when all my ID and Cards were loaded onto phone and used wirelessly.

I'm willing to adjust my process a bit in favor of this thing. It's cool.

Hope you love it if you get it.

Kent

Ok.

Its a little book.

The Binding was worn more than I had expected. They are hand worn so there is very little guarantee there, yours might not be worn enough. On mine it was the binding and not the sides that showed signs of wear.

It turns your iPhone into a two hand operation. You have to like the idea of "reading" your iPhone. The leather may relax enough one day to flip and hang...but its two handed for now.

Ever been in a leather store and shoved your face into a real leather jacket? That's what it smells like. It is awesome.

The strip of leather that sticks out the most (its the leather frame of the license) Touches the iPhone first and the pressure on the screen will always be more on that strip. It could wear out that portion of the touch screen faster than the rest of it...I can't speak to how fast if at all the touch screen wears out from pressure. That was the biggest problem I had. If you have a screen protector then that will probably pare down the danger.

Two credit cards, a drivers license and a very thin health insurance card. That's what I put in; that's what fits. The leather will stretch to fit more but it may not lie flat; just like your wallet with all its receipts and smoothie loyalty cards. There is a certain lifestyle architecture to this thing, minimalist is the coolest and that is how this was made.

I've had it for about an hour now and it lies flat open. It lies flat with the iPhone half on top. With the iPhone half on the bottom it slowly lets down and will eventually lie flat. If you turn it inside out, it will flip the iPhone back over all by itself. I believe that over time, it will relax and eventually display the iPhone in landscape mode very comfortably.

The leather tab that holds it in does so using friction and the shape and firmness of the leather. It tucks in behind the iPhone and satisfactorily retains it.

The cutout for the phone isn't as tight as I expected, but I'm not uncomfortable with leaving it in. I couldn't shake the phone out of the case.

No rear camera hole. Front facing camera works fine.

I am very happy with it. The idea that I won't need both my wallet and my phone is an act of simplification I only thought would occur when all my ID and Cards were loaded onto phone and used wirelessly.

I'm willing to adjust my process a bit in favor of this thing. It's cool.

Hope you love it if you get it.

Kent

Great review....I just had to smell my couch. Ahh fresh leather. Nothing better

Any updates on how it is holding up? I am seriously considering picking it up.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net