What's new

Bluetooth - What Good is It?

I have just got my iPhone 4S after waiting for quite some time for it. If I had known about the Bluetooth being rubbish on this phone I wouldn't have wasted my money on it. I can't connect the iPhone up to my cars bluetooth for hands free driving, I can't connect my iPhone up to my PC, I can't send my Wife a copy of my Daughter picture because she has a Samsung Smartphone that can send to any other phone with ease but not this expensive iPhone. I hate this phone and I think Apple sucks. I also needed the bluetooth to connect to my heart monitor that my cheap Nokia C7 connected to without a problem. Apple wants to get its head out of its pedantic butt and allow us to use the phone as we see fit. After all IT BELONGS TO ME APPLE - I PAID FOR IT - SO BUTT OUT. As you can see by this post I am real angry with Apple. Sorry for the moan but I now have to carry two phones with me. A Samsung to connect to my Heart monitor. To be honest. iPhone is a real waste of time and money!

What car are you trying to connect to?

Connecting via Bluetooth is easy when you know how. You have to put the other device into searchable mode first then click into your Bluetooth then it will find what ever it is you want to pair and guess what? Bingo! I have a rubbish battered out of date Nokia in the drawer somewhere wanna swap it for your tasty state of the art iPhone 4s?

Sent from my iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 using Tapatalk

Yeah right!!! I have tried to pair my iPhone with other phones: a LG KC910, a SEECODE Bluetooth Hands FREE in car, a Nokia C7, a Samsung Wave. When I try to connect these it says they are not supported. When I try to pair and connect the LG KC910 I get (Connection Unsuccessful "LG KC910" is not supported. [ Forget Device ] I know how to connect two Bluetooth Devices that's not my problem. The problem is the iPhone searches for devices and although my other phones send the iPhone the pass and I type it into the iPhone and I allow it to connect anytime The iPhone just say not connected and when I try to connect it says what I mentioned before. " (Connection Unsuccessful "LG KC910" is not supported. [ Forget Device ] " Oh, I am using my computer to send this, guess I should get Tapatalk for my iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 too?
icon8.png
icon8.png
icon8.png

Sorry I spoke fella!

My iPhone4 works fine with my car stereo, hands free and my crash helmet, plays music and copilot8 voice commands.

But has never been able to transfer data between any other BT devices, not even my ipad2 unless i use the 'bump' app.

idletester said:
The car is not the real problem. All I want to do is access my Bluetooth devices as easily as I do with my Nokia or Samsung Phones. this iPhone 4S sucks! A real waste of my money. :(

I'd sell the iPhone and get something that will do everything you need it to do. Luckily iPhones hold their value well So you should be able to get most, if not all, of your money back.

thewitt said:
You need to be running software on both devices that will talk to each other. The devices will not pair simply because you turn the Bluetooth radios on.

Run file transfer software on each device and they will pair just fine.

This uses the Gamekit API, and is designed for multi player games.

I don't believe Gamekit runs on the Mac or PC yet, but I suspect an enterprising programmer could reverse engineer the Bluetooth communication protocol and provide a file transfer mechanism to the desktop over Bluetooth from iOS devices.

We've only used it to transfer information between iOS devices.

My i4s and iPad 2 pair and work fine together, no extra software needed. PayG provider turned on my personal hotspot free of charge and i couldn't be happier.

Now if only I could get Siri to work... Grrrrrr

Ok I have Tapatalk now and it makes it easier to get on here thanks for the idea. I didn't mean to make you think I was getting at you mate. I was so hacked off with this iPhone 4S because of its lack of a usefull Bluetooth. Please forgive me if you thought I was getting at you. Sorry iHolophyte. You were only trying to help.

No worries. This is what forums are about. Opinions and ways to solve them. Glad you think tapatalk works for you. Hope you sort out your differences with Bluetooth too.