What's new

Bluetooth tethering ?

Manojlives

Reaction score
I tried to pair my iPod touch 4.3 to my Sony ericsson mobile via Bluetooth and they got paired , when I tried to use Internet it's not allowing me . Did anyone tried this . Is it possible with ios4.3?

With 4.3 I am able to connect my iPad to my iPhone 3GS via Bluetooth and access the Internet. So iOS 4.3 does support it. But is it working with the devices you have, I don't know...

VicoPhone Addict!

You will need to check if your sony supports a bluetooth modem. Its likely that it doesn't since its not connecting...

gaz6076 said:
You will need to check if your sony supports a bluetooth modem. Its likely that it doesn't since its not connecting...

Sony supports Bluetooth modem , I am to connect to my laptop via Bluetooth and browse .And my Sony mobile says device wants to use modem . Pls let me know if iOS connects to any other mobile ? Or it's not possible .

Last edited:
There's no reason why it wouldn't work if the sony supports a bluetooth modem. Unless apple doesn't want you to use it on different mobiles...

I contacted Apple customer service about the same problem trying to tether an ipod touch 4.3.3 to a verizon vx8300, which has no problem with laptop tether.

I was told that the vx8300 does not support EDR protocol, which is necessary for accessing internet with iPod (and presumably any iOS device)

I suspect the problem is logon credentials for the phone to use bluetooth modem. There is no place in the setup for iPod bluetooth that allows dial number (#777 for verizon) or username/password.

Any further advice (even jailbreak) will be appreciated.

Last edited: