What's new

Bluetooth accessory automatically unpairs after 3 mins.

adityapruthi01

Reaction score
Hey!
I just started using my Inbody band.
It was my mom's band as she had taken a health diet program and she got it in the package. So she completed the course and now it's been idle in the house so I thought of wearing it.
So when I pair it with my iphone ad sync it with the InBody app everything just works just fine,like I recieve the incoming call alert and message alert on my band but this just lasts for barely 3-5 mins. After that it disconnects automatically and I have to connect it and sync it again.
Pls help!
Thank you.

I had a similar problem when I used my iPhone as a hotspot for my iPad . It appeared that if I closed the iPad, after a few minutes the iPhone decided that the hotspot was no longer in use and so turned it off, to save power.

So it may be a form of power saving. Can you set the band to poll the iPhone for some reason or other every few minutes?

I had a similar problem when I used my iPhone as a hotspot for my iPad . It appeared that if I closed the iPad, after a few minutes the iPhone decided that the hotspot was no longer in use and so turned it off, to save power.

So it may be a form of power saving. Can you set the band to poll the iPhone for some reason or other every few minutes?

I didn't understand the last line about setting the band to poll?

I think I frequently turn on the power saver mode so maybe its happening because of that.......
I'll try it once
Hope it helps....
Thanks

Sorry about that . By ‘poll’ I meant that you get the band to talk to the iPhone every few minutes. The iPhone may then keep the connection live.

>> Turn on the power save mode...

That may well be the cause of the problem.

I hope that this helps you.

Sorry about that . By ‘poll’ I meant that you get the band to talk to the iPhone every few minutes. The iPhone may then keep the connection live.

>> Turn on the power save mode...

That may well be the cause of the problem.

I hope that this helps you.

Turn on?
I think you meant turn off..

By using the ‘>>’ I was quoting a part of what you wrote, in order to indicate what I was referring to without having to copy in the whole paragragh.

You are quite correct in that you need to disable the power save mode.

By using the ‘>>’ I was quoting a part of what you wrote, in order to indicate what I was referring to without having to copy in the whole paragragh.

You are quite correct in that you need to disable the power save mode.

Oh sorry about that...
Well I'll try and then reply here

One thing you could try, is to keep the iPhone on charge for 15 minutes and see if the bluetooth link is broken. I seem to recall that keeping my iPhone on charge maintained the link, even though that was with wifi. Obviously you would not want this as a long term solution, but it might help decide and understand whether it is the iPhone or the band causing the link to drop out.