What's new

Blacklist-help me!!

Brille

Reaction score
Hei! My exboyfriend bothers me, and he has for a year. He doesnt call me, but he sends me text messages. Plenty.. The calls i can ignore, but the texts i just have to read, because their on my phone. He writes ugly threAtening stuff, often when hes drunk, and i saved every message on my 3gs incase i had to go to the police. The phone broke, and i got the 4s, without the "proof". Anyway, i got the iblacklist and the blacklist. (theres no menu in it?!) but all it seems to do is giving the contact a new name (blacked james, for example) the messages still come through......! Does Anyone have any experience with blacklist, what do i do? Is there any other programs? All i can do in iblack and black is add a new contact and see the data base. Help. :)

do you have the iblacklist from cydia. In order to have that, you need to jailbrake. I have it and it works good. You will be able to set it up so you never know he sent you a text. If I remember right with messages, you can even set it up if you have his number on the list, it will auto delete it from phone. And as far as calls go, they wont bother you anymore either, he wont even get a chance to leave you a voicemail. But you have to jail brake in order to have this app, from what I read, it works better then the ones from apples app store.

I will check back, shortly and see if you have this one, if so, I can walk you thru how to set it up.

You should be able to block text messages from your carrier. You can do this online with Verizon.

How do I block unwanted text messages?To block unwanted messages from a cell device:
  1. Log into My Verizon.
  2. Go to “My Services” and choose “Verizon Safeguards.”
  3. Select “Spam Controls” and click on “Internet Spam Blocking.”
  4. Enter the offending Device Number, then click “Save.”

If you lost the proof from the last phone, I would suck it up for a few weeks or maybe a month until you have a little more to give to the police. Once a direct threat is made, he is screwed. Also, a protective order should help you. Present any texts you have to a officer to file a report, then go and get PO filed. If he texts you out of drunkenness after that, they will give him a nice place to sober up.

Sent from my iPhone 4S.

You know, police departments can get all that stuff for you. All they have to do is pull his cell records and it will show all the calls and texts he sent you. I would maybe give him one warning (if your so inclined) then just go file a report on him. I work in LE and if he is doing this to you he is prolly doing it to others as well....