What's new

Black vs Silver Variants. More Noticeable?

StatikSa

Reaction score
Hey guys! I will be purchasing the iPhone 7 Plus 256GB in Silver most definitely but also thinking about the Black Color(Matte Black). In terms of black, and jet black, wouldn't the color be more stealthy and subtle. No one could tell that it's an iPhone from a distance, and could be mistaken for any "normal" phone, but with the silver model that Apple logo really does stick out since it's more noticeable and screams iPhone! Wouldn't Silver be the color to go with to stand out and say, yes this is an iPhone. My experience with a black phone versus the white one would be a simple scenario at a local mall when having a black phone, no one really noticed a long while along with colleagues. But after getting my white 6s Plus, everyone should ask me about the phone and once someone even stopped me to ask about it. This may not happen every time but it was worth noting.

I had Silver on my last two phones and now I'm wanting a change and ordered Black (Would have preferred Space Grey).
When I had Silver no-one ever asked me about my phone, I suppose it depends on the type of person you are, I will know its an iPhone so thats what matters.

I'm afraid Apple are falling behind badly in the "recognizable-at-a-distance" race.

Samsung are clear winners.

"Hey! See that guy over there? He's using a Samsung phone."

"Really? How can you tell?"

"His hair is on fire."

I'm afraid Apple are falling behind badly in the "recognizable-at-a-distance" race.

"His hair is on fire."
Like it...LOL.

"His hair is on fire."

Very funny!

Hey guys! I will be purchasing the iPhone 7 Plus 256GB in Silver most definitely but also thinking about the Black Color(Matte Black). In terms of black, and jet black, wouldn't the color be more stealthy and subtle. No one could tell that it's an iPhone from a distance, and could be mistaken for any "normal" phone, but with the silver model that Apple logo really does stick out since it's more noticeable and screams iPhone! Wouldn't Silver be the color to go with to stand out and say, yes this is an iPhone. My experience with a black phone versus the white one would be a simple scenario at a local mall when having a black phone, no one really noticed a long while along with colleagues. But after getting my white 6s Plus, everyone should ask me about the phone and once someone even stopped me to ask about it. This may not happen every time but it was worth noting.

Surely it's about what colour you like, not which is most likely to stand out in a crowd?