What's new

BiteSMS Crashes Springboard

FactoryPlus

Reaction score
BiteSMS Crashes Springboard when trying to send 6 Pictures to 3 Contacts (Group MMS), And just keeps loading without end until you manually reset the phone
Weird Cause it has never happened before. But if you send 1 by 1 it wont crash.

iPhone 4S.

FactoryPlus said:
BiteSMS Crashes Springboard when trying to send 6 Pictures to 3 Contacts (Group MMS), And just keeps loading without end until you manually reset the phone

iPhone 4S.

Then contact the Dev through Cydia. And you have to write "NOT FAQ" in the subject field or you will get an automated response. If its biteSMS 6.1, make sure you varify which version you are using.

I am using version 6.2.6. From the beta repo.

iPhone 4S.

They have their own website too. Google bitesms and their forum should pop up. I'd post a link but I always get scolded for that. I had it, liked it so-so but uninstalled it due to bugginess. I went back to the stock SMS app and installed xMessages to add contact pics and time stamps to every message. I'm happy with that and the only thing I'm missing is the emoticons. I didn't like the way quick compose worked and the quick reply was really nice but it opened even when I was already in the SMS screen which was annoying. When I tried to disable it, it wouldn't shut off.

Rik756 said:
They have their own website too. Google bitesms and their forum should pop up. I'd post a link but I always get scolded for that. I had it, liked it so-so but uninstalled it due to bugginess. I went back to the stock SMS app and installed xMessages to add contact pics and time stamps to every message. I'm happy with that and the only thing I'm missing is the emoticons. I didn't like the way quick compose worked and the quick reply was really nice but it opened even when I was already in the SMS screen which was annoying. When I tried to disable it, it wouldn't shut off.

Something else must be causing bite to go wrong. Works in my iPhone 4 flawlessly.

zig9449 said:
Something else must be causing bite to go wrong. Works in my iPhone 4 flawlessly.

4 or 4S? I'm on a 4s and the first springboard crash I ever had was right after I installed it. Naturally it could be a settings issue, conflict with some other app or who knows what, but I do know that it was buggy on my phone too.

Rik756 said:
4 or 4S? I'm on a 4s and the first springboard crash I ever had was right after I installed it. Naturally it could be a settings issue, conflict with some other app or who knows what, but I do know that it was buggy on my phone too.

Oh really? Must be a 4S thing. Idk. It works fine on my iPhone 4, and I have a pretty good amount of Mobile Substrate tweaks installed. Over 50 I'm pretty sure.

I'm using biteSMS on my 4S and it has been working fine but then I haven't tried to send any group messages or photo's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After what seems like months, I found a fix online. The iCaught You Pro from Cydia is the culprit. I deleted it and the crashes stopped. Hope this helps you all.

Hello. I have Bitesms and iblacklist and every so often, mine will crash!! I have the 4s and at one point and time that didn't happen?!?!? Like I said, it doesn't do it often but I also don't send multiple messages!! I'm also on 5.1.1.What can I do to fix this and now have crash report. Will this help?? Thank you for your timely response and have a very very blessed day!!

It is a known issue the biteSMS may conflict with iBlacklist.

Want a better way to use blacklist?

KuaiDial. It's free..has way more options..and the blacklist works perfectly and is made specifically to work side by side with biteSMS.

KuaiDial repo:
kuaidial.googlecode.com/svn/deb/

It's an awesome tweak.

Also allows you to search for contacts via the dial pad in the Phone.app.

Open the Phone.app, type in a name (T9 functionality) and whatever letters you typed...the contacts will show where the numbers show.

If the right contact does not show..you can swipe through the list of contacts where the numbers show above the dial pad.

It remembers which numbers you call most often so you only have to type a few letters to get a contact to show up that you call often.

Within the repo there are only 2 tweaks.
KuaiDial
KuaiDial biteSMS plugin.

What the biteSMS plugin does is allow KuaiDial to improve the group Messages feature.

It makes sending multiple SMS to contacts a breeze.

Hello Zig9449!!! THANKS!!!! Big bonus, on that one bro!!!! Good lookin!!!
Then contact the Dev through Cydia. And you have to write "NOT FAQ" in the subject field or you will get an automated response. If its biteSMS 6.1, make sure you varify which version you are using.

I am using version 6.2.6. From the beta repo.

Trying to add new repo to get tweak. Cydia won't finish downloading packages and I get a POSTIX ERROR. Never had cydia act up. What's up with that?

carbrad said:
Trying to add new repo to get tweak. Cydia won't finish downloading packages and I get a POSTIX ERROR. Never had cydia act up. What's up with that?

Normal. Nothing you can do...but wait.

Try apt-get update through MobileTerminal. Works even if it gives erros after it says "done". Every time. Fore anyway.