What's new

Biggest disapointment after 4 months with Iphone4......

ApplProRep27

Reaction score
Well I did my research and wanted an Iphone since they came out. But couldnt get one until recently when my Sprint contract ran out. I was stoked to find out Iphone4 was out by then, so I ran and got one. The phone has lived up to my expectations in every way but two things dissapoint me. One the speaker system is flat out weak!!! If your ringtone isnt set to something very high pitched, you may miss a call all together! When I have it on a custom ringtone of music, I can miss the call all ltogether in my noisy workplace. Secondly the iphone looses all coolness points when someone whips out a phone with a 4" or bigger screen. Regardless of design, size makes everything better on a phone. So I hope I phone 5 corrects these issuses!!!I am sure I am not the only one griping about these two things.

If your custom ringtones are too quiet you can turn them up in iTunes by right clicking the Ringtone and choosing get info. There's a volume adjuster in there that can double the sound.

As for the screen I don't find it too small or inadequate. If the screen got any bigger then so would the phone. I think the iPhone is big enough already. Those phones with huge screens are like bricks...

gaz, I agree...apple did a pretty awesome jobs with everything on the iPhone form factor....making it bigger could get cumbersome.

If your custom ringtones are too quiet you can turn them up in iTunes by right clicking the Ringtone and choosing get info. There's a volume adjuster in there that can double the sound.

As for the screen I don't find it too small or inadequate. If the screen got any bigger then so would the phone. I think the iPhone is big enough already. Those phones with huge screens are like bricks...

Agree.

a larger screen means the phone is bigger and bulkier not to mention you have to buy a case that fits a larger phone and that'll increase its size as well. Currently im using a Speck candyshell and it increases the size of my phone by like 20%...whenever i take my phone out the case, to this day im still amazed by how thin it is and how sleek it is. Bigger is not always better...apple has got it right, they dont need a bigger screen to make up for any short comings because the iphone4 in my opinion has no glaring shortcomings that needs to be over compensated for. Like a good golfer, Apple's true competition is with themselves in improving upon whats already an amazing product.

I had a Droid X for several weeks -- it had a large screen, perhaps one of the biggest on the market. Then going to the iPhone 4 later gave me no screen-envy at all.

i've got HTC HD2 for myself only because it has whooping 4.3'' screen. and really, i like it! But, iphone4 has better screen when it comes to reading in sunlight

These phones with bigger displays than Iphone are not that much bigger size wise. However a bigger screen makes reading and everything else that much better. Yes it may add a little size to the phone but so what, my pocket will accomodate, I dont keep anything but the phone in there. I cant believe people would want to keep the phone at 3.5"? That is just behind the times. I mean its adequate until you get a 4" or bigger display in your hands. As far as the OS and ease of use I think Apple has it hands down. Like it or not, I am positive Apple is going to up the screen size to a 4" with Iphone 5. No more no less. Everything else will stay the same, except maybe the cameras may improve slightly.

I had a Droid X for several weeks -- it had a large screen, perhaps one of the biggest on the market. Then going to the iPhone 4 later gave me no screen-envy at all.

I had the X also. I don't miss it one bit. Yes it's cool to have a massive screen, but the with the iPhone now I realize how unclear the X was with games and movies.

Also love the fact that the smaller iPhone fits in my pocket easily and the holester does't look like I'm carrying a Glock around.

These phones with bigger displays than Iphone are not that much bigger size wise. However a bigger screen makes reading and everything else that much better. Yes it may add a little size to the phone but so what, my pocket will accomodate, I dont keep anything but the phone in there. I cant believe people would want to keep the phone at 3.5"? That is just behind the times. I mean its adequate until you get a 4" or bigger display in your hands. As far as the OS and ease of use I think Apple has it hands down. Like it or not, I am positive Apple is going to up the screen size to a 4" with Iphone 5. No more no less. Everything else will stay the same, except maybe the cameras may improve slightly.

I hope they will at least make it 3.7 because compared to other phones the screen is a bit small. Then again it is the best screen around but a bigger retina display and a bit more power etc and I will buy an iPhone 5!

I had the droid x prior to the iphone 4, and I do admit I loved having the bigger screen. But the I4 screen is so much more clearer than the DX was. I had to zoom in on the DX to read the samll print but not as much with the I4.

There are things that I miss about the droid bu tI know if I was to switch back, I would severely miss the screen clarity that is the I4.