What's new

Better Browser than Safari?

dbmorris

Reaction score
I am looking for a better browser than Safari. I am coming from a Droid and have to say its browser was better. One thing I really liked was that it would not only zoom in text on a page but it would also resize the text as you zoom more, keep it within the screen and with text large enough to read. The iphone's zooms in as far as it can to keep it within the window but if zoomed more than you have to scroll sideways to read it. Not sure I explained that very well but hopefully you get the idea, a better browser.

Thanks for any help,
Danny

I am looking for a better browser than Safari. I am coming from a Droid and have to say its browser was better. One thing I really liked was that it would not only zoom in text on a page but it would also resize the text as you zoom more, keep it within the screen and with text large enough to read. The iphone's zooms in as far as it can to keep it within the window but if zoomed more than you have to scroll sideways to read it. Not sure I explained that very well but hopefully you get the idea, a better browser.

Thanks for any help,
Danny

Both browsers are built from the same core source code. Android does add the one minor change you mentioned. And I haven't found a browser on iOS that mimics the Android's extra behavior.

Theres not much you can do about it. Just gotta live with the smaller screen

If you double tap the screen on a block of text the phone automatically zooms in just enough so it fills the screen...

That is correct. But with Android you can further zoom, double tap again, and the text rewraps at the new font size. It is such a simple feature, but very useful on smaller screens like the iPhone and original Droid.