What's new

Best protective case?

hardcharger

Reaction score
I want to buy a protective case that I can use everyday. I have looked at the Lifeproof, Atlas and Defender cases but which one is the best?

My best case may not be yours. To protect the phone against anything, lifeproof is the best. It's down falls are sound and accessing the head phone jack.

Lets narrow the topic down, are you looking for protection against liquids or can the liquid protection be optional? That will help us recommend something more suited to your needs.

The life proof and atlas both have liquid protection whereas the defender does not. If you can skip the liquid protection but want something beastly, I'd recommend searching for Taktik extreme. The only downfall I've got with mine is selection of headphones as the opening for the headphone jack is made to the apple case design guideline to the letter and finding a cheap pair to fit has proven a challenge for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure I need a waterproof case...I really take care of my phone plus I don't want to sacrifice the audio. What is the the slimmest most protective case? I think that would be best for me..thanks all!

Otterbox commuter / prefix / uag case IMHO.

Galaxy S4 + iPhone 5

Anyone use the otterbox reflex? A good dockable case would be best for me.

Case mate tough extreme is a great case! It's like a defender but much slimmer..I'm glad I found this case

Hi i use liteproof for my i5 but glad i didint test in water seems i was missing a very small pary part on the 8 pin b plug cover but works for not scratching lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Would highly recommend the Rokshield ip5 case by Rokform. It's not waterproof but maintains the thin shape of the ip5 and provides very close protection to drops and such like its competitors LifeProof and otter box. Feels very solid and rigid, does the job well for me.

When in doubt throttle it out

[h=1]Cartoon design,Folio PU Leather Wallet Case Flip Cover with Card Slot for IPhone5/5S[/h]my case