What's new

Best App for Ringtones

WonderPam

Reaction score
I just purchased my iPhone 4S & I love it! Which app or apps do you recommend for downloading ringtones?

just use garage band or itunes or any app that will convert your media files to aac and you can easily make them.

WonderPam said:
I just purchased my iPhone 4S & I love it! Which app or apps do you recommend for downloading ringtones?

If you don't know how to create them download a ringtone maker like xilisoft iPhone ringtone creator or buy them from iTunes.

Hi Pam.... I see that you didn't get a direct reply to your question. I had also wondered whether we can get an app for downloading ringtones, or go to a site, or do anything to get instant ringtones. But it seems NOT. Seems like you have to "convert" to aac, or get a ringtone maker, or click your heels 3 times.... and wish for the best. Not as simple as an Android system, but if you can figure out iTunes, there's a way to get ringtones installed on your iPhone with only minimal hassles. Me.... I just use the default ringtones, which work every time!!

try iringer, it allows 30sec of music, you can send it straight to your device (if you have shsh saved) or via itunnes!!

I use Ringtone Maker (Pro)
They've also got a lite (free) version [I think]. But still just about a buck.
Then when you sync your phone:
-Go to the Apps Tab
-Scroll dwn to File Sharing
-Select/ click the app
-Start dragging/ adding them to your ringtones folder in iTunes

Sent iPhone 4s using iPF.net

i have discovered too that its not easy to get new ring tones and text alerts for the 4s.

it couldent be any easier, ok you cant select any mp3 and use it as a ringtone or sms tone but all you need to do is convert any media file to aac and then rename it to .m4r from .m4a and upload via itunes. Just make sure its under 30 seconds

Hi Pam.... I see that you didn't get a direct reply to your question. I had also wondered whether we can get an app for downloading ringtones, or go to a site, or do anything to get instant ringtones. But it seems NOT. Seems like you have to "convert" to aac, or get a ringtone maker, or click your heels 3 times.... and wish for the best. Not as simple as an Android system,

So there really is no app to download for ringtones? I find that hard to believe, but I do not know the iphone well at all. I just got the Samsung Galaxy 2 and was told of an app for this purpose, just yesterday. There are thousands of ringtones.

I wonder why there isn't one for the iPhone. Still a very cool phone that I have always wanted, though!

hi wonderpam,i can solve your problem,i just downloaded an app on my 4s called text tones,its free and very easy to do,you can then download ringtones and text tones to your 4s for free,it will give you instructions,it takes literally less than a minute,try it its brill.

hi wonderpam,i can solve your problem,i just downloaded an app on my 4s called text tones,its free and very easy to do,you can then download ringtones and text tones to your 4s for free,it will give you instructions,it takes literally less than a minute,try it its brill.

Interesting, Poison.... Is this "text tones app" an all-in-one program whereby you can use it to download and install ringtones to the iPhone? Or will we still have to use iTunes or some other software with it. Thanks.