What's new

Battery Question

Castel

Reaction score
Hello.
I have now had my iPhone 4 32gb in a week.
I am not satisfied with battery life.
I do surf the web, checking email (Manually), play sometime spotify (offline) and a bit of gambling Angry Bird.

Is it okay to have a battery life of 4 ½-5h.
It has been the same every day. I think it's a shame if it should be like this.

Help!
Thanks
Daniel

Its pretty much a mini pc so the more your on it the shorter the battery lasts. I get about 4hours with heavy use over wifi. If you are really concerned you have a bad battery call apple they have always been more than happy to exchange mine.

you should disable some things like bluetooth or wifi when your not using it if your out and using 3g. the battery really does drain fast if you heavily use it, small things like having the brightness of the screen down and auto-lock set to less time

hmm.
I do shutdown all apps when not using them.
Do close WIFI / bluetooth when not using.

Those people who have replaced there phones for the "battery problem" how bad batterlife did they have? Anyone who knows?

And is it just the battery that is bad in those cases? Or is it the phone?

// Daniel

Does anyone know if turning off Data (the E icon in SBSettings) also saves battery life?

I don't have GPRS/Edge/3G facility currently and hence have disabled Data thinking it will save battery life. Does it?

Does anyone know if turning off Data (the E icon in SBSettings) also saves battery life?

I don't have GPRS/Edge/3G facility currently and hence have disabled Data thinking it will save battery life. Does it?

Yes, I'm not sure to what extent but it does help.

Turn wifi, 3G and bluetooth off. Only put 3G on when you're surfing over the cellular network - it really drains the battery and is unnecessary for phonecalls. Close any multitasking apps once you've used them, other than the stock Apple ones.

Battery life will be different each day, depending on your usage patterns. I've managed 3 days of standby with 7 hours usage, 1.5 days of standby with 4 hours usage and pretty much found that my average is around a day and a half with heavy usage. Sometimes I do more texts, sometimes more calls, sometimes more web surfing and sometimes more game playing - therefore the drain on my battery is different all the time. I'd say that if you're getting less than one day's use out of your battery with heavy phone time, then you have a fault. Otherwise relax and enjoy your phone.

Turn wifi, 3G and bluetooth off. Only put 3G on when you're surfing over the cellular network - it really drains the battery and is unnecessary for phonecalls. Close any multitasking apps once you've used them, other than the stock Apple ones.

Battery life will be different each day, depending on your usage patterns. I've managed 3 days of standby with 7 hours usage, 1.5 days of standby with 4 hours usage and pretty much found that my average is around a day and a half with heavy usage. Sometimes I do more texts, sometimes more calls, sometimes more web surfing and sometimes more game playing - therefore the drain on my battery is different all the time. I'd say that if you're getting less than one day's use out of your battery with heavy phone time, then you have a fault. Otherwise relax and enjoy your phone.

I do everything you say, but not turning the 3G off.
On this load I have.

Called a 1min phonecall.
Sent maybe 4-5 sms, 3 mms.
Played Angry Birds for 10-15min
Played with Talking Tom in 2 min.
Downloaded 2 apps from AppStore.
A bunch of surfing the net.
Checked the email about 15 times manually.

And this on a fresh installed iphone. No backup or nothing. No jailbreak. Nothing strange.
I think its terrible :(

Attachments

• $IMG_0001.jpg
    $IMG_0001.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 391
  • $IMG_0002.jpg
    $IMG_0002.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 368
  • $IMG_0005.jpg
    $IMG_0005.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 386
  • $IMG_0011.jpg