What's new

Battery problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbuSadeeq

Reaction score
Hi guys
My iPhone 4s battery drains too fast. Can any body pls suggest how I can improve it. I've tried several methods but to no avail.

Be a bit more specific, define fast....
And tell us what you are doing with the phone

tintbob said:
Be a bit more specific, define fast....
And tell us what you are doing with the phone

My iPhone 4s is always on 3G because I like to have prompt notifications when ever they come in. Though i was advised not to, I turn on all my location services to ensure my apps work smoothly. I do all these because I believe that iPhone 4s's battery is capable enough for all these and go the whole day on 3G without recharge. On the contrary, i recharge my iphone after every 5-6 hours. To be honest I browse a lot, make downloads, chats, game and so on. However I expect my battery to last longer.
Any suggestions?

You will get the same "prompt notifications" when on WiFi. IE you don't have to be on 3G for the iPhone to work properly.

The most common battery issue is using 3G constantly with a weak signal connection to the cellular tower. The iPhone, as well as every other cell phone currently made, will ups it transmission power when talking on a weak signal. This power drain is rather large and could be the source of your issue.

I leve both WiFi and 3G on all the time. I get about 5-7 hours use and about a day and a half standby, using the phone for calls, text, games, browsing, music. Seems normal to me. Never even thought of turning off 3G.

As stated above... we have had numerous threads about Battery Life on the 4S on all different iOS versions. Please search... CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.