What's new

Battery not lasting long on iOS 7.1.2

AG52013

Reaction score
For the past few weeks my battery has been rubbish.
I have everything switched off like auto brightness, location services, background app refresh, push notifications.
I even kept it on aeroplane mode all day one day and it still didn't last.
Yesterday I did took my phone off charge at 7am and sent about 4 texts and 10 and then about 8 texts at 12.30. (And that is all, because I was at work) and my battery didn't last past 3pm.
I am on 7.1.2
I recently upgraded to 7.1.2 just last week but was having issues a week before. So Then I did a whole new phone setup. And I still have the same issue.

Anyone know if there is anything else I can do before I have to travel over 100 mile to the nearest apple store.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408782343.569589.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What you report sounds very annoying to me! I couldn't keep a phone with such a short run time. Maybe you should get the battery exchanged. My iPhone 5 is now 1 1/2 years old and the battery holds for approx. 36h normal usage. If I'm using the Google Maps app I run out of battery in no time. As far as I see the GPS chip uses a lot of energy.

I've noticed the same on my 4S. Battery Life is not good since I installed the latest IOS. I hope Apple fixes this. I have shut down most everything I can right now and that sucks.

My iPhone 5 battery has dropped to about 7 hours per charge from 10 hours one year ago. I use my phone non stop for the most part. It's about $80 for a battery replacement. Might as well get a new phone as soon as you're able. NOTE: According to your status bar indicator, your EE signal is very weak. That will eat your battery. Your phone is working overtime to pick up that signal.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5