What's new

Battery life

lilsullivan04

Reaction score
So will there be a software update for the battery life anytime soon? I updated to IOS 11 and my battery lift plummeted!

There's a lot of threads on this. I was one of the people who's battery plummeted too. Hang in there for a few days. It kind of sorts itself out. If I remember the explanation right, your phone is busy indexing itself to work efficiently with iOS 11. My battery life was horrible when I first updated. It's more or less back to normal now.

Bit confused there, the phone is reindexing itself to work efficiently with iOS 11?
I don’t spend my days on forums but never heard that one before. If Apple had known this was going to happen, they could have prepared owners for it or fixed the Update before it was released.
The only explanation l would give is that the iOS 11 has some problems but lots of great points and owners love finding out how to use them and are draining the batteries somewhat faster.
Maybe now they are getting used to iOS 11

Bit confused there, the phone is reindexing itself to work efficiently with iOS 11?
I don’t spend my days on forums but never heard that one before. If Apple had known this was going to happen, they could have prepared owners for it or fixed the Update before it was released.
The only explanation l would give is that the iOS 11 has some problems but lots of great points and owners love finding out how to use them and are draining the batteries somewhat faster.
Maybe now they are getting used to iOS 11
There’s a website link in this post that explains what’s going on:
iOS 11 Battery Drain

And if you search for “indexing” in iPad Forums, you’ll find a few posts there as well.

So will there be an update for better battery life?
How long has your iPhone been on iOS 11? As previously mentioned, it can take up to several days for things to settle down after a major iOS update and for battery life to return to normal.

How long has your iPhone been on iOS 11? As previously mentioned, it can take up to several days for things to settle down after a major iOS update and for battery life to return to normal.

A little over a week