What's new

Battery Life with iOS5

stuberger

Reaction score
As anyone noticed the battery life on the iPhone4 isn't as good as it was after upgrading to iOS5? I have iCloud turned off however, it seems the battery life dwindles faster than on last OS....

stuberger said:
As anyone noticed the battery life on the iPhone4 isn't as good as it was after upgrading to iOS5? I have iCloud turned off however, it seems the battery life dwindles faster than on last OS....

My battery life seems pretty much the same. Battery lasts a day with average usage

I'll have to play around with the phone and actually see.....maybe it's just me!

I have also noticed a reduction in battery life. I did take into account that I was "discovering" the new content so I was using device more. iCloud auto update is off.

iPhone 4, still incarcerated.

If your seeing you battery life going down fast drain your phone till it completely dies and recharge it, if you don't it kills your battery

I have definitly noticed a battery life difference. I thought it was just me.... I was just passing through the forums and saw your post about it. At least I feel like I am not crazy. I made sure my iCloud was turned off. Turned off locations ..... not sure what is eating it faster.

I came from android and liked the iphone cause i didnt have to charge it until bedtime.... I don't want to have to start charging.

Hopefully it will get better.....

I did let it go down till it turned off, which is another problem. Usually the phone will shut off when it's reached single digit power left and this time it turned off around 14 %. Something isn't kosher here.

My battery life, if anything seems a tad better. I wouldn't say iOS5 has affected it though tbh

I have noticed that the first 10-15% of my usage in the morning is fast but after that it seems to settle down....Am i just imagining this?

I don't know about the first 10-15% but I do think the battery is being used more somewhere in the deep bowels of this phone...lol

Mine is worse. I've tried looking at everything I can, but I must be missing something that's running it down.

Update. Took mine into the apple store today and discussed my issues with draining battery since ios5. After several testing done there was a definite problem. I was given a new phone. Said he thought there was some kind of corruption in my download files.

Will test it tomorrow !

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Heavenkiss said:
My battery life, if anything seems a tad better. I wouldn't say iOS5 has affected it though tbh

+1

comparisons on battery life will be subjective, you would need to run a series of tests doing the same things for the same times in each ios version.

Possibly running satnav app and a film to get a real idea.

It is natural to be investigating all the new features so your usage may well have increased over the norm, appearing the battery is lasting less, things like backing up to icloud on battery instead via usb lead.

I noticed a big change in battery life from when i had my iPhone 4 and now my iPhone 4S i have nothing turned off but still just saying the battery seems to die a lot faster.

I have a weak signal at work and this recent situation with the Verizon cell towers may have affected my signal even more. I think my battery situation is only worse when I have my phone with me at work. I got a new PRL today and will see what my signal strength is tomorrow at work. If it's still minimal, I'm going to put it in airplane mode while at work. I noticed much better battery life today on my day off.