What's new

Battery life expectancy

enots27

Reaction score
Hay all does anyone know if I should worry about needing to replace the battery in my iPhone 4 before my 2 yr contract runs out.

LiIon batteries have an amazing life expectancy to them. That is... if you take care of your battery properly!

I was asking cos many of my previous phones have needed a batter replacement after about 14 months. My old bb 9700 had a great battery which lasted long after my contract ended. And with the battery of the iPhone non replaceable makes me loose confidence in the device lasting my contract. I do look after my battery as well as I can.

It's not entirely true that the battery in the iPhone isn't user replaceable... it's actually quite simple to replace w/ the 4 & 4S. However, it is considered "tampering" and could possibly void your warranty. Really though, if you care for the charge cycles of your phone properly and run a full discharge every now and again you should have no problem w/ the battery

Thank you for your reassurance in the matter. I leave by battery run completely flat about once a week and try not to charge it untill the low battery warning shows.

Thank you for your reassurance in the matter. I leave by battery run completely flat about once a week and try not to charge it untill the low battery warning shows.

Once a week is a very good starting point. After a few weeks it's not without reason to stretch that time frame out for a full discharge.

Does anyone know how long the apple warranty is on the battery of the iPhone 4

I am somehow confused on how to take care of the battery of the iphone. On the apple website and on the tips and tricks here in the forums. It said that we need to keep the battery active.

I do know that we need to fully discharge and charge to 100% once a month.

They also said to charge whenever we feel the need to plug our phones as it does not destroy the battery.

My question is, if I always drain my battery to 0% and charge to 100% everytime, would that destroy my battery? I guess what confused me was that they said we should not let the battery reach 0 every time.

I read some where on apple I think that after 300 cycle battery Charge that its normal so see batt life shortening, sucks I'm upthere :(