What's new

Battery draining in standby mode within 8 hrs please help

suresh9738

Reaction score
I got this iPhone 5s in second hand..last three days I tried many method to solve the battery draining issue in standby mode.if I charge my phone fully 100% without using my phone if I keep ideal it is discharging completely within 8 n half hours.if I use mobile continously it will come around 4 hrs.I tried both hard reset and soft reset still the problem occurs.so now what I have to do any help ASAP???

Check your Settings. A lot of them are battery drainers, some even while you aren't using them.

My doubt is will it be a battery issue or software issue??

Have you tried turning off background app refresh for all apps to see if that makes a difference?

Maybe a setting was accidentally changed. Try going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings. This won't delete any data but will restore all setting to their factory default. You will have to re-enter the password on sites that normally remember you.

I tried that too bro..but same issue.even if I have not use it is completely discharging in 8 hrs..now my only hope is iOS 8.4 update

Here's my guess. You have something in settings that is causing a slight drain BUT that not the big problem. New, the 5S had 8 hours use time before the battery died. Your phone is probably almost two years old. That is getting on for a battery. When you got the phone, were you told the battery had been replaced? I am guessing not. If you took the phone to an Apple Store, they will, for free, run a diagnostic to check how much of the battery life is left. It sound like you are getting half the life you should but the previous user might have exhausted the number of full charges. Anyway, Apple can tell you how you battery is doing and you are not obligated to have them put a new battery in.

If I am correct, the update will make no difference to your battery life.also go thru settings under privacy, notifications, and the individual apps. I have apps thAt think they need to know where I am whether I am using them or not, ones that feel they need to notify me of things. My Dictionary app was guilty of both. You do need to check individual app setting from time to time and also after updates.

I think the mobile is 8 months old but we can't claim warranty cause it's Australian purchase..it's not a slight drain bro..if I charge 100% then I keep the phone idle even without using it battery is draining completely to 0% within 8 hrs..the main issue is battery draining heavily in standby mode otherwise I can manage it

Last edited:
I think the mobile is 8 months old but we can't claim warranty cause it's Australian purchase..it's not a slight drain bro..if I charge 100% then I keep the phone idle even without using it battery is draining completely to 0% within 8 hrs..the main issue is battery draining heavily in standby mode otherwise I can manage it
Take Scifan's above advise. But my iPhone 6+ is older than that. I am betting your phone is over a1 1/2 yrs old. I could be wrong but Apple will know that too. And if you are correct, Apple will cover it under warranty.