What's new

Barcode reader

kpinks

Reaction score
Hello, I downloaded a free barcode (Scan - QR Code City) reader from the Apps store and it does not appear to work?
Any recommended good barcode reader apps?
Thx
Kev

gaz6076 said:
Red laser. Worked it's way into the app store via cydia...

Agreed, saved me £40 of the price of a panasonic dect set, when Makro had it on 'special' but amazon was half price, and £5 of a game in GAME Store by telling me it was available at toysRus of all stores lol!

CP

Is it realy possible to read a barcode?
Because I looked this app but I didn't believe!

Is it realy possible to read a barcode?
Because I looked this app but I didn't believe!

Yes it is. But the one i know needs internet anyway to be able to provide you with accurate information about the products that you are scaning.

Mainly it's to know the actual price of a product, but also can give you other useful information

gaz6076 said:
Price comparison...

Exactly.
I use RedLaser and my iPhone 4 is not jailbroken (not sure if that's the correct term). Anyway, it's a great app and it's free.

No you can have redLaser from the app store, no need to jailbreak. And yes it's very handy.

Just checked out the app in the app store on iTunes and after reading the reviews I won't be using it. The app stores your data and location and device id.... and shares with other 3rd parties. It's just not worth giving up my privacy and this is a good lesson learned... to read the terms before downloading this app and that app in willy nilly fashion! :)

No, RedLaser hasn't given ANY of my personal info away. It's the best app I have. Give it a go, it's amazing :)

New version update has some great enhancements, make shopping lists from records, add up shopping as you go, enter bar code by code and number.

Tesco have an app tells you where to find the sugar in the store :).

You can use the bar code reader in the amazon app for price comparisons. Save a fortune!