What's new

Banjo Piranha Puts the Bite in iOS Gaming!

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i82UiMyOZ8U&feature=player_detailpage]Banjo Piranha trailer - YouTube[/ame]​

All those country music fans out there like myself who love a bit of the old banjo, how does the idea of an iOS game featuring a vegetarian piranha called Banjo, who likes to collect banjos (obsessed much?!) sound to you? Well, it sounds just about silly enough to work, if you ask me! The game comes from Sauce Digital over here in the UK, and judging by the trailer, it’s a right giggle and then some. Due to launch this September, the arcade physics game sees the player controlling Banjo as he swims around and leaps high into the air in order to collect as many banjos as he can lay his teeth on, at the same time chomping down on all the fruit and veg he can find. Unfortunately, Banjo’s idyllic lifestyle is ruined by hordes of angry enemy piranhas, who are most definitely not vegetarian, and who all want to take a bite out of lil’ Banjo. The universal iPhone/iPad/iPod touch app features 50+ stages of increasing difficulty, lots of ace banjo music on the soundtrack (of course!), as well as saved personal best stats for score, stages completed, banjos collected, biggest air and longest survival.

Source: Sauce Digital

Maura said:
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i82UiMyOZ8U&feature=player_detailpage

All those country music fans out there like myself who love a bit of the old banjo, how does the idea of an iOS game featuring a vegetarian piranha called Banjo, who likes to collect banjos (obsessed much?!) sound to you? Well, it sounds just about silly enough to work, if you ask me! The game comes from Sauce Digital over here in the UK, and judging by the trailer, it’s a right giggle and then some. Due to launch this September, the arcade physics game sees the player controlling Banjo as he swims around and leaps high into the air in order to collect as many banjos as he can lay his teeth on, at the same time chomping down on all the fruit and veg he can find. Unfortunately, Banjo’s idyllic lifestyle is ruined by hordes of angry enemy piranhas, who are most definitely not vegetarian, and who all want to take a bite out of lil’ Banjo. The universal iPhone/iPad/iPod touch app features 50+ stages of increasing difficulty, lots of ace banjo music on the soundtrack (of course!), as well as saved personal best stats for score, stages completed, banjos collected, biggest air and longest survival.

Source: Sauce Digital

Nice. My son might enjoy this