What's new

Backing up and restoring 4S

James J

Reaction score
I have just purchased a new 4 S to replace my old 4S which was a little jaded.I backed up the old one through I tunes however when I restored the backup onto the new phone,the ringtones I had downloaded on the old 4S did not come through.How do I get the ringtones into the new phone

If they're in your iTunes library, just sync them over again.

I found the ringtones in the purchased file in I tunes library,however when I try to sync them,the ringtones were excluded,only the other music transferred.
I have been told that ringtones cannot be transferred from one I phone to another.Is this true, because it could explain the difficulty Iam having

Last edited:
Confirm that they really are ringtones: right-click on the files in iTunes, select "Get Info", then verify on the Summary tab they say "Kind: Ringtone". If they don't then you must first convert them to ringtones and import them into your iTunes library before syncing them to your phone. (Guides for how to do this are shown in the References section at the bottom.) However if you have any issue then you use some professional tools like enigma-recovery.com, iphone-data-recovery.

Last edited:
Confirm that they really are ringtones: right-click on the files in iTunes, select "Get Info", then verify on the Summary tab they say "Kind: Ringtone". If they don't then you must first convert them to ringtones and import them into your iTunes library before syncing them to your phone. (Guides for how to do this are shown in the References section at the bottom.) However if you have any issue then you use some professional tools like enigma-recovery.com, iphone-data-recovery.

Thank you,all sorted,ringtones succesfully transferred