What's new

Award-Winning Crime Novelist Used His iPhone to Help Research his Latest Novel

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TE0vs0A2mw&feature=player_detailpage]George Pelecanos Reading from The Cut with The Night hawks - YouTube[/ame]​

CNN has an interesting story today about how crime writer George Pelecanos used his iPhone to help him with extensive prep and research work for his latest novel, “The Cut”. In an interview with CNN, Pelecanos, who has been called “perhaps the greatest living American crime writer” by Stephen King, told how he uses his iPhone to take photos and record videos of various locations in Washington D. C. in order to present a completely different side of the city in which his latest novel is based. By all accounts, his thoroughness pays off.

“I am on my bike daily, and most of the locations, warehouses and specific residences from “The Cut” were found while I was out riding,” he told CNN. “On those rides, I took photos and videos from my iPhone. D.C.’s an alley town, so it’s pretty conducive to bike reconnaissance.”

“The Cut” features Iraq war veteran and private eye hero Spero Lucas, and is New York Times best-selling author Pelecanos’ 17th novel to date. It’s released tomorrow.

Source: Washington's 'poet' of crime returns - CNN.com
via Cult of Mac