What's new

AT&T Unlock - Got the Email - It Works!

jimt29

Reaction score
I got the AT&T email stating it was OK to Restore and Unlock the phone.

I ran Restore and when asked, I inserted the T-Mobile sim card and it does show that T-Mobile is now the service provider.

It upgraded from IOS 5.0.1 to 5.1 and everything appears to be just fine.

I hope everybody has the same experience as I did.

Thomasjtsi

Reaction score
I got the AT&T email stating it was OK to Restore and Unlock the phone.I ran Restore and when asked, I inserted the T-Mobile sim card and it does show that T-Mobile is now the service provider.It upgraded from IOS 5.0.1 to 5.1 and everything appears to be just fine.I hope everybody has the same experience as I did.
Did At&t charge you anything or did they provide the Unlock from their service for free?

OP
jimt29

jimt29

Reaction score
Funny?

It's funny to think I wasted so much of time trying to unlock the phone myself. Also I contacted local people that advertised on Craigslist and twice I drove to their location only to arrive and no one was available. I ran into all kinds of roadblocks and excuses so my iPhone remained locked to AT&T.

I visited this site looking for advise, watched numerous Youtube videos on the subject, tried to unlock twice only to get a message that said the unlock failed. Both times the phone would not turn on for quite a while which was pretty scary. I thought I broke the thing.

Finally I called AT&T and they checked the IMEI number and confirmed they could and would unlock it. I was told it would take 5 to 7 business days but it only took 4 days to receive the email.

It was pretty straight forward. After receiving the email I did a Restore and Upgrade and inserted the T-Mobile sim card and it works fine. I did a backup before the Restore.

penaleixo

Reaction score
Do you have to do the initial backup and restore, with your att sim card inserted ? Does anybody know? I got the OK from AT&T to unlock, but don't have a sim card from AT&T anymore !!

OP
jimt29

jimt29

Reaction score
penaleixo: I didn't have a sim card inserted when I did the restore. I inserted the T-Mobile sim card when the restore process requested it.

itSs.bObO

Reaction score
its funny that u dont need to buy the factory unlocked lol....if theyre doing that then how the factory unlocked gonna sell it? lol.......

OP
jimt29

jimt29

Reaction score
Bobo: Maybe I'm just trying to fool YOU! Laugh Out Loud!

I don't see your logic. Now thats funny.

I did it. It worked. Whats the problem?

Most reactions

Latest posts