What's new

AT&T service in Kauai, Hawaii

pigeon

Reaction score
I'm going to Kauai for my honeymoon in may. My fiancee and I both have iPhone 4 with AT&T. What should I be expecting for data and voice service around there? Anybody?

I live on Kauai and the coverage is pretty good throughout the island. It's a very small but beautiful island. When you go up to Kokee you will not have coverage--but most if not all carriers have no coverage there. But pretty much everywhere else you'll have no problem. Enjoy when you get here!

I live on Kauai and the coverage is pretty good throughout the island. It's a very small but beautiful island. When you go up to Kokee you will not have coverage--but most if not all carriers have no coverage there. But pretty much everywhere else you'll have no problem. Enjoy when you get here!

That's awesome!!!
Are there any restaurants you recommend while we're there? Maybe some fun things to do that aren't so touristy? We picked Kauai bc we felt like it was the best island in Hawaii :D

Hi, I just saw this message. I'm on Kauai now. My husband and I both have iPhone 4 and have been using them for the last two weeks here on Kauai. As expected, coverage is best in the larger towns. We dropped coverage between Hanalei and Haena and of course as mentioned earlier, driving up to the canyon. Coverage is also a little weak in places in Poipu. We can't get any coverage in our room at the Sheraton! But for the most part, you can definitely make calls and get email. Check for free wifi around too. It's here and there.

Kauai is my favorite of the Hawaiian islands, it's just beautiful, although a little rainy right now! I've put together an iPhone app that lists a lot of things to do, including farmer's markets, live music, activities, etc. You can see info and download at lat22.com or just search lat22 in iTunes store.

Some of my favorite places to eat that aren't super touristy, or are just really good:

Kalaheo Cafe (esp. breakfast, great coffee)
Malasada lady in front of Kmart
Plantation Gardens
Hanalei Taro & Juice Company
Verde
Bar Acuda
Harmura Saimin

Have fun!